chapter 12❤

The morning when Hritika woke up, it was pretty late and Aarav wasn't beside her.

She cursed her moments of vulnerabilities but at the same time, she felt a smile forming on her lips when she remembered how he had helped her through the night.

Hritika brushed away her thoughts as she hurriedly started getting ready for the day. This very day was officially their first day of vacationing together, they were to visit one of the Botanical gardens.

She wore a floral dress to her knees and matching heels, she tsked at the beach hair– frizzy and so not competent, but she was in a ridiculously good mood today so she let them free, she let them flow with their own life and their own way of living it.

When Aarav did not arrive soon, she walked alone for breakfast in the hotel's large breakfast lounge– it was late and empty.

While she ate lazily, sometimes she blushed, but she stopped herself from the immense immaturity of acting like a fool falling in love.

It was way too late now, 5 hours since she has woken up to an empty bed. 5 tines since the tour guide had called her up on it. Aarav's phone was at home and of no use.

She couldn't lie to herself, she was indeed scared.

Last night's thoughts had settled in again.

What if she was actually to lose him?

What if he wasn't really safe with her?

Anxiety peaked inside her, she started scratching the skin off her elbow.

She ran down to the reception "Did Mr. Aarav Malhotra leave a message before he left?"

"No ma'am, I am sorry."

"When did he leave?"

"It was...the time is unclear but er..7 hours ago... Crack of dawn."

"Oh, okay. Thank you. "

She was clearly panicking at this point.

As she got back to her suite, small beads of sweat formed on her forehead despite of the ac on the lowest temperature possible. She didn't lie when she said she was afraid for Aarav, she believed that. She believed that she wasn't the right person to be involved with, and maybe that was why she had such less people around her.

She paced throughout the hallway tapping the phone on her hand thinking what was the best to do.

Should she call the police? Should she call someone?

Or should she wait longer?

The indescribable indecisiveness of the situation had her almost break apart.

But beneath all, underlied a sheath of disappointment against Aarav. How could he have led to a situation like this?

Without more to think, she searched the internet to contact the police. She was hyperventilating.

Suddenly the door unlocked, and she was scared but she looked up, unarmed.

But came in Aarav, completely drenched in sweat. His t-shirt had acquired the deeper hue due to moisture.

Despite of how gross he looked at the moment, Hritika ran, ran until her body  collided with him.

After a moment, now that she knew everything was okay and that he was okay, anger caught the best of her.

"How the fuck is it mature of you to leave without a damned message? Where the fuck were you? I relentlessly searched for you everywhere! You've been out for more than 6 hours Aarav!? Where were you?"

Aarav took a moment to respond, completely taken aback by her concerns.

"I- I went for a walk. And coincidentally I met a friend from college. We thought of taking a walk and I am so sorry, I didn't think you'd be worried. You were asleep so I just left, you really needed some sleep since you slept really lat—"

"Ugh. I hate employees who ramble way too much."

"Wha-" He couldn't help but laugh at how furious and annoyed and fiesty Hritika had transformed into.

"Stop laughing! Don't be so inventive! Everyone in the hotel now thinks I have been ditched on my own honeymoon or my husband has eloped out or something— I was about to even call police."

"I am so sorry Hritika, I have ruined your day! I should've called you, and I thought about sending you pictures from the walk but I forgot to take my phone. "

He hugged her and Hritika embraced him letting every worry fade away for a moment until she got back to her senses and almost freaked out.

"Ew, EW. GO TAKE A SHOWER!"

Aarav laughed aloud "What? Suddenly you don't like me anymore? Come on, give me a hug! You were worried, na? Give me a hug, now" He teased more as Hritika kept walking back until she was running from him and the room filled with sounds of laughter.

Soon he caught her and both them were panting for air.

"I don't think the tour guide will return for us anymore."

"Let me make it up to you for the rest of the vacation" He winked as he walked into the shower.

Whew, Hritika was not prepared for her life to turn out like this. Whatever this was, however this was, she liked it. She liked the newness and the adrenaline and all the kick to it.

But oh darling, 'happiness last long' is only for the romantics and optimists. But this was life and she was neither of them.