chapter 52❤

"Aarav!!!" She screamed.

Before her laid Aarav. In a bathtub pull of water. His eyes closed, wet hair falling on his forehead.

"Oh my god, Aarav?" She shook him before draining the water.

"Aarav?" She was on the verge of crying, she was feeling helpless.

She checked his pulses. To her wonder, his pulses were absolutely alright. She pressed her fingers under his earlobe,yes! his heartbeat was fine.

He was alright. Then why is he lying like this? Prank? Is it a prank?

She pushed him with force making him yelp.

"What the-" he rubbed his head to lessen the pain.

"You stupid asshole! What did you think? Does this sound funny to you? Scaring me to death is funny to you?" She shouted, her eyes burning with rage.

He pursed his lips to control his laughter.

"What's with that look, loser?!" Hritika yelled again.

This time he couldn't control anymore, he started laughing like a maniac. His face turned red, tears almost to spill out, but he couldn't stop laughing.

"Stop it!" Hritika stated.

"Stop it." Hritika pleaded.

"Stop it!!" This time he did. She was crying.

Hritika stood up holding her palms to her face.

"Hritika! Hey I'm sorry! Wait! Hritika!" He ran after her.

"Hritika! Stop! I'm sorry! Hri-" he huffed, out of breath.

Hritika ran out of the building, walked and walked until her feet gave up, then sat on a bench by the roadside of an unknown land.

For a moment, she felt it was justified. But probably walking out alone in a foreign path wasn't the best idea. She looked here and there, where was Aarav?

She tried for Siri, maps would help she thought. But alas, fate was really playing it's trick. Her phone's battery was dead.

"Lasciatemi cantare
Con la chitarra in mano
Lasciatemi cantare
Sono l'italiano" a voice could be heard in a distance, sounded of a drunkard.

Hritika regretted her impulsive decision.

"Buongiorno Italia gli spaghetti al dente
E un partigiano come Presidente"

The voice became clearer with the distance cutting short between them.

Hritika felt scared a bit, cold too but mostly, she felt extremely tired.

She stood up, started walking the road, aimlessly searching for an aim, the right destination.

"Buona notte Italy!! Bu..ona notte" he slurred.

Hritika walked faster.

Much to her fear, a pair of firm hands surrounded her. She shrieked.

"Shh.. it's me.. Aarav.."

"Due amanti" the drunkard's voice still could be heard.

Hritika sighed, relaxed tilting her head on his shoulder, forgetting his unforgiven mistake.

"Let's get to the resort fast." Hritika hurried to get rid of the drunkard.

Aarav held her closer as they walked into their resort.