chapter 30❤

It's pouring heavily today. Aarav's mom is sitting by his father, in the hospital cabin. He has been here for more than a week, recovering steadily.

Hritika enters the cabin with 2 coffee cups.

"Here, mom." She gave one to Mrs. Malhotra.

"Go home, love. I'll be here until you come back." She said to Hritika caressing her cheek.

"No mom, you go home, take rest. I'll be here with dad."

"No. You're going home. Take some rest and then come back."

"But mom-"

"Go home, darling, I insist." She said, worried about Hritika's health.

"Oka..y.. but call me if you want something... I'll be back soon." Hritika said as she read the information about Aarav's father in the monitor.

"He's alright. Bye mom." She said flashing a huge smile.

"Bye Hritika!" Mrs. Malhotra said softly pressing her cheeks against hritika's.

Hritika drove home slowly, unable to drive faster because of rain.

As soon as she reached home, she kept the keys on the dining table and went to the washroom. She took a long hot shower and quickly got dressed then called her mother in law.

"Hello?" Mrs. Malhotra spoke.

"Hi mom. How's everything? I'm coming within half n hour okay?"

"Everything is alright. Grab some sleep. No need to hurry."

"Umm.. I'll tell Dr. Mohan to keep a check on dad"

"Okay."

She disconnected the call and made her way to the kitchen but she didn't have much energy to cook so she grabbed an apple and left for their room.

She comfortably adjusted the pillows behind her back and sat with a book.

"I feel so sleepy...." She yawned and was consumed by deep slumber in no time.

The next time she woke up was by the sound of her phone frantically ringing.

"Hello?" She said.

"Ma'am, Malhotra 209653, emergency!" This call from her subordinate almost made her jump out of the bed. She quickly got dressed up ran towards her car.

She ignited the car engine but it didn't work.

So she tried again. Again. Again. But all in vein.

She took the key for her other car, and left for hospital, but today, maybe luck was opposing her with full strength for she got stuck in a huge traffic.

After twenty minutes of driving she finally reached the hospital. She was drenched in rain water.

She rushed towards the lift. Everyone was looking at her as if she was some freak.

Hritika quickly went towards the cabin and there stood Aarav, maddened with anger.

Confused, Hritika decided to not think over it for now and focus on what was worth it.

Her P.A. quickly started notifying her about his health records.

"Oxygen level...-" she kept on saying and saying.

A whole team dressed in pale blue came surrounded Mr. Malhotra.

Hritika said "CPR in 1..2..3.." as one of them continued the process but it showed no results.