chapter 43❤

"Why ruin our present and future because of our past, Hritika? I'm asking for one chance, will you give me?"

Hritika was hesitant. Her heart wanted to surrender to the warmth, the love Aarav was offering but her mind was afraid, what if he repeats himself again.

"Well well well, I'm really sorry to barge in, I thought of watching the scene from behind the curtains like a creepy spy but it seems like it's gonna get ruined any moment..SO.." Siddharth almost jumped in scaring Hritika. Aarav gave him an annoyed look, thinking what might his silly brother do with an intention to help him.

"So, bhaabi, please take a sit" he pointed towards the chair by the window.

Hritika gave him a confused look but did as said.

"Bhai, don't look at me like that, it affects my confidence!!" Siddharth whined.

Aarav just rolled his eyes at him.

"So, where was I? Yeah! Bhaabi, you might think  if he still is an asshole, still gonna hurt you or something, then let me tell you, he's not. Are you?" He looked at Aarav.

Aarav glared at him.

"No he's not! Not at all! He's the product of our company right? The Malhotra's? I give you a warranty card that you can return him whenever he does anything asshole type!"

Hritika couldn't help but laugh "what? A product?"

"Yeah! Bade Papa and Badimaa's product!" Siddharth mischievously said eyeing Aarav.

"Bhaabi, so now that I've given you a warranty card, will you please give him a chance?" Siddharth asked, dramatically wiping his tears with a handkerchief.

Hritika's face turned gravely serious scaring everyone.

"Say yes! Say yes!!" Namrata cried out just like Hritika did when Siddharth proposed her.

Hritika bit her inner cheeks to suppress her laughter "but Namrata, he's neither on his knees nor holding his ears seeking apology"

Siddharth slapped his forehead "Bhai, what are you? Tube light?"

Aarav hit Siddharth's head playfully as he walked to Hritika with hopeful eyes.

He went on knees slowly, extended his hand for Hritika to hold it, which she did, and his left hand went to his earlobe.

"I'm so sorry for hurting you all these years, will you give me a chance Hritika? Please?" Aarav sincerely asked.

"You hit my brother on his head a minute ago! Poor thing, he's still rubbing his head out of pain! How can you expect me to say yes?" Hritika complained.

"Bhaabi, if you say no because of me, he'll probably do much more harm to your little innocent poor brother!" He said addressing himself by those adjectives.

Aarav was looking at Hritika while a smile broke on Hritika's lips making Aarav's heart flutter.

"Okay, I'll give you a chance, but! But, if once I feel you're gonna break my heart again, let me tell you, I'm gonna ruin you!" She warned.

Before Aarav could process the happiness he felt, and stand up for a hug, Namrata almost jumped on Hritika to hug her. Siddharth almost kicked Aarav aside to join the hug session.

"Thanks bhaabi!" Siddharth said.

"Thanks bhaabi! I love you already!" Namrata almost squeezed Hritika.

"Will you guys loosen up the hug a bit, I can't breathe!" Hritika managed to say to which Siddharth and Namrata suddenly stepped back.

"My god! You both are made for each other! Such tight huggers!" Hritika exclaimed.

Namrata beamed like a school girl while Siddharth looked at Aarav with a proud smile.

"Are you okay?" Aarav asked.

"Yeah.." Hritika said awkwardly.

"Let's celebrate!!!" Siddharth said as they went to the deck of the yacht as a man poured them champagne.

Siddharth played some jazz for a slow dance with Namrata, celebrating their special day which somehow became so much special for Aarav and Hritika.

Hritika was standing by the parapet while Aarav sat on a stool by the other end, watching the two dance.

Hritika's phone rang.

"Hritika Kapoor speaking" she said.

All the three noticed the sudden change in her expression. No one amongst them knew what might've caused it but it was something important.

"No no no.. that was the only way left.." she murmured as if telling herself.

"I'm reaching.. soon."