chapter 38❤

Last night Hritika felt restless. Daisy's childish remark might have put her in a situation she was trying to avoid all these years. Meeting him.

Sean, like always, encouraged her to go and meet them because it wasn't only about Aarav but his parents who loved Hritika so much.

Hritika asked him to accompany her their but he said she was meeting them after so long, it'd not be good for a stranger to be present there.

Hritika protested saying he was a part of her family but he knew it'd be awkward for all of them to express infront of a stranger so he let her fight this alone.

Hritika was deeply sleeping for she couldn't sleep all night thinking about how they'd react seeing her. Finally at 5 am, her eyes fell, and she too fell asleep.

Her phone rang making her twist her face in disapproval as she put a pillow on her head but the phone kept ringing. She wasn't left with a choice but to receive it.

She groaned as she said "Hritika Kapoor speaking."

"Bhaabi!!! You're coming right? Waittt! Are you still sleeping?" An over enthusiastic Siddharth cried out.

"Hm.." Hritika said without even hearing what he has said because she was too sleepy.

"Bhaabi??!! Wake up!!" Siddharth almost screamed.

"Wha- whose cat died?" Hritika sat up straight in a quick motion as he heard the scream.

"No one's did! Get up! Please! You're coming home right?"

"Siddharth? Um- yeah.. I will.. does mom and dad know?" She asked, quickly awakened by the stated matter.

"Yes!! I told them yesterday! Bade Papa couldn't be happier! And you know badi maa.. she has a water tank of tears!" Siddharth chuckled.

Hritika didn't know what to say anymore so she stayed silent.

"Okay!! We'll be waiting!! Join us at 11 sharp!! I don't want a no!" Siddharth stated.

A nervous smile broke on Hritika's face as she agreed and got up to freshen up for it was 9.30 am already.

She made her way downstairs as an amazing smell of pancakes danced through the dining space, coming from the kitchen.

"Mhmmmm, pancakes it is... who's cooking?" Hritika asked.

A smiling Sean peeked his head out of the kitchen "Morning, Angel!"

"Good morning, Chef!" Hritika giggled.

"Come, look at the mess I've created!" Sean laughed.

Hritika laughed and entered the kitchen.

Everything was kind of messed up. Drawers left open, cupboards dirtied with flour, floor with water lazily lying on it.

Hritika cut a piece of pancake and put into her mouth. Sean growled.

"Not now Hritika! I wanted to present everything in a grand manner!" He whined.

"I'm just trying it out.. I don't know maybe you've mixed some poison.. I don't trust you anyway!" Hritika feigned concern.

"Yeah?" Sean said, mischief dancing in his eyes.

He held her eyes on his, while spreading a bit salt on the pancake.

She didn't notice his little plan.

"Yeah yeah.. eat more.. come on!" Sean said and she put the pancake into the mouth.

She happily took it in but after a moment her eyes widened as she ran to the sink to throw that out.

Sean couldn't hold his laughter!