chapter 51❤

"Hritika!! Hritika!! Where are you? Where are my clothes for tonight? Hritika?" Aarav called out.

"Ooffo.. can't you do anything by your own? Firstly, pack your bags and then after coming here where is this where is that..!! So tiring!! You're such a dumbhead Aarav! So lazy!!" Hritika stopped her complaints as she noticed Aarav hasn't even blinked since she has arrived, his mouth slightly ajar.

"What? What's wrong?" Hritika asked.

Aarav couldn't even form words. He was taken away by how Hritika looked dressed up in a gorgeous lehenga, how her hair was put up in a fancy bun, and oh how the vermilion power on her hairline adorned her face.

He came out of his reverie when she jerked him a bit.

"Hello Mr. Malhotra? Close your mouth and dress up!"

A smirk played on his lips, "Mrs. Malhotra, I'm planning something else." He wriggled his eyebrows stating his sexual innuendo.

Blush crept up her cheeks as she bit her inner cheek to prevent the smile threatening to break out.

"Pervert! Dress up! I'm going to go and check if Bhai is done. It's his wedding afterall."

"There's Namrata for him and there's my wife always thinking of helping him out of every situation too! Only I'm there, alone. How sad my life is!" Aarav played his oh-I-am-so-hurt trick with a small pout resting on his face.

Hritika giggled at her husband's words before pecking his pout "He's my brother, got to help him out because he's such a dumbhead! Just like his brother!"

Aarav adored the way Hritika never thought of his family any differently than her own's. He was proud of this quality of Hritika's, of how she loved everyone, so selflessly.

"I love you so much." Aarav kissed her cheek.

Hritika gave him a questioning look "Did you not understand that I called you a dumbhead?"

Aarav laughed "so what? I love you. And anyway, everyone knows I'm anything but dumb."

"You're crazy." Hritika said before walking away only to get back with his clothes for the wedding.

"Here you go! Dress up."

After an hour, when everyone was set out in the open space where daisies and lilies made it look like heaven, when the Pandit ignited the pious fire, when Siddharth sat there with his palms sweating profusely not being able to pronounce the mantras, there was Hritika. Hritika who was sitting behind Namrata beside Aarav, her head on his shoulder, watching this beautiful process of marriage, reminiscing their own wedding day. She looked at her husband who was holding her close, she saw even though their marriage hadn't been this beautiful from the beginning, even though their relationship was flawed throughout, there was hope and love, and she realised that he..he was worth it.

Noticing her eyes on him, he kissed the crown of her head "Are you okay?"

"Better than I ever was." He smiled at her words.

The wedding procedure was over after some time, Siddharth was happy that he hasn't messed up anything while Hritika and Aarav got busy with their own duties.

It was already very late at night, everyone had retired to their rooms, excluding Hritika who was helping Namrata to get her makeup off.

"Bhaabi, do I have wake up early in the morning tomorrow?"

"Um..I have no idea.." Hritika laughed "I don't really remember, my wedding was in a hurry.." she concentrated on her hair pins "but don't you worry, I'll ask Maa and if needed, I'll wake you up."

Namrata gratefully smiled at her "You're the best!"

Hritika laughed at her loud shrill statement.

Namrata's added a few moments later "I'm serious! You manage everything so perfectly. Infact, I find you perfect in every roles! Be that being a sister in law, a daughter in law and let alone being a wife! Aarav bhaiya is smitten like a school goer! Damn! Teach me sometime, bhaabi!"

Hritika laughed more "I'm no perfect soul, Namrata.. It's just...."she sighed trying to get the words "let it be. It's late. Here you go, the pins are all undone, get changed and goodnight!"

When she opened to suite door to go out, Siddharth stood there aghast at her. He was holding a basket. And the things inside the basket weren't really holy.

He put them behind him "Bhaabi?"

"What is there in the basket? Let me see what you got for her!" She demanded.

"Oh no.. I mean.. um.. Bhai! He-.. he's calling you! It's urgent!" He lied.

Hritika facepalmed herself before walking away, smiling. She felt extremely happy. She felt blessed as if life couldn't be any happier, couldn't be any better than this.

She felt complete.

When she walked into their suite, she called out "Aarav, you called me?"

"Did you?" She asked again not getting any reply.

"Aarav?" She started looking for him.

"You're scaring me, Aarav. Where are you?"

"Aarav..." She felt like crying now that she has searched for him everywhere.

"Aarav, enough of this, come out from wherever you're hiding." She said getting into the washroom, the last place left.

"Aarav!!!" She screamed.

_______________________________________

Is Aevy bitch alright?

😛Not that anyone cares.

👁👄👁 Let's wait for the next update eh?

Don't scold me for the cliffhanger. 😭