chapter 42❤

Warning: it's gonna be a long chap! Enjoyaaaaa!

None could drift their eyes away. Hritika was lost in his eyes the way she used to be years back, feeling the warmth again.

While Siddharth and Namrata somehow made Aarav feel the emptiness again. He felt equally elated for his brother but at the same time he felt the urge to fight for his own love but how? How could he, when his own defences has broken down, when his walls stood damp and weak.

Siddharth shook Aarav lightly taking him out of the trance "Bhai! She said yes!!" He hugged Aarav tightly.

A smile broke on Aarav's lips. "I know! Congratulations!!!"

"Bhai, I want a gift!!" Siddharth whined like a kid.

"What do you want?"

"Please sing! Please!"

Aarav laughed loudly "what? Me? Sing?"

"Bhai you sing so well! It was your 'can't help falling in love' which made the whole college fall in love with you!! Please Bhai!" Siddharth turned towards Hritika "you know bhaabi, there was my friend Monty who came out as gay after that show!! And remember when monty-" his mouth was tightly held by Aarav.

"Shut it.. shut up.. brother.. lovely brother.. don't say it all.." Aarav faked a smile while glaring at Siddharth for rambling out everything.

Hritika was curious so she asked "what was it? What did Monty do?"

Siddharth struggled but Aarav didn't leave his mouth.

Siddharth bit his hands to free himself for a bit and quickly said "Monty tried to kiss him while he was alone and Bhai didn't show up for clas-" Aarav let out a embarrassed chuckle as he held his mouth again.

But that was enough for Hritika to go bonkers and laugh. Laugh so much that she was crying by now, holding her stomach.

"How'd this news sound 'aarav Malhotra forcibly kissed hard by mr. Monty' and that he was pissed." She laughed more.

Namrata controlled her laughter and said "Please Aarav bhaiya, sing one song!! Please!!"

Aarav couldn't say no to the newly added member of his family so he shyly nodded.

Siddharth ran to grab the guitar as he gave it to Aarav. Aarav gave him a look and said "if I sing bad, and they laugh, I'll chop you off and feed the sharks.."

Aarav settled on a chair by the parapet.

Wind blew past him as he tried thinking of what to sing. His eyes landed on Hritika and now it was his heart taking over him.

His fingers danced across through the strings as he sang with his eyes on Hritika's.

Wind played with her gorgeous hair, the moonlight making her face glow more. Her eyes sparkled with anticipation while her lips looked calm and very quiet.

Aarav took a long puff of air in.

"Tum Na hue mere, toh kya... Hmm.. tum Na hue mere toh kya..
(If you can't be mine, so what?)

Main tumhara, main tumhara, main tumhara Raha..
(I'm yours, I'm yours, I've always been yours.)

Rishta raha bass ret ka.. ae samandar main tumhara kinara raha
(Relationship is left like sand.. oh sea, I've always been your coast)

Main tumhara main tumhara main tumhara raha

Tu hi pehli guzaarish, hasrat bhi tu akhri..
(You're my first request and my last unfulfilled wish)

Maahi mere masiha marzi bata kya teri
(Oh love, my god, tell me your wish.)

Main tumhara, main tumhara
main tumhara raha

Mere chanda main tumhara sitara raha
(Oh my moon, I've always been your star)

Main jado ke mahine ki tarah
( I am like winter)

Aur tum ho pashmine ki tarah
( And you're like pashmina)

Main diwaron ki tarah hoon
( I am the walls)

Tum jaise ho dareecha
( While you're like windows)

Main bageecha jo tum ne seencha
( I am the garden that you've watered)

Tum na hue mere toh kya...."

He finished singing, his eyes still on Hritika's. Tears were threatening to fall out of them. His own eyes were filled with an unknown storm.

Hritika looked down, wiping off the tears as she turned towards the other way and rushed towards that way.

Siddharth called "bhaabi!" He was tensed.

Aarav suddenly stood up and followed her.

He was frantically finding her in that big yacht while he heard soft cries.

He went nearer, his heart broke seeing her cry. She was standing by the large window with the moonlight making her tears sparkle.

Aarav stood beside her. She stopped crying acknowledging his presence.

She quickly wiped off her tears.

"What are you doing here?" Hritika rudely asked.

"Well, maybe trying to comfort my wife?" He asked looking at the sea.

Hritika's breath hitched at the mention of 'his wife'.

"Your wife?" She painfully chuckled.

"Are you not?"

"You're asking this as if you have no idea about the situation.!" She almost yelled, disgusted.

"I know.. I know.. but what you don't know is that I love you so much and that love irreplaceable."

"Love? Well, did you ever love me?" Hritika turned towards him while he still faced the sea.

"You seriously gonna question my love for you? Hritika seriously? Do you not understand that what I said that fucking night was a mistake which fucking ruined me and took my everything away. I didn't mean anything! You know I didn't!"

"I don't know anything.." Hritika said looking towards the sea again.

Aarav turned her towards him, cupped her cheeks and said "Tell me you don't know I love you."

Hritika tried but only unfaithful tears filled her eyes "I.. you.. don't.. you.. you-"

"You know it, I love you Hritika.. way more than you can imagine.. and please believe me when I say that.. I'm sorry and I really mean it.. all the pain you've been through is because of me and the pain I've been through is too because of me.. I do realise that.. tell me once what I need to do Hritika.. tell me what I need to do! Kill me but this, behaving like stranger is already killing me slowly.." a tear slipped down his cheeks.

Hritika's gaze followed that tears as her her palm, unconsciously, wiped it off.

"Aarav maybe I know you're sorry and that you love me... but I can't get over everything what has happened.. I wish we could erase our past.."

"Why ruin our present and future because of our silly past, Hritika? I'm asking for one chance, will you give me?"

Hritika didn't know what to say. Her heart screamed yes but my mind was scared, what if he repeats his mistakes again? What if he leaves her defenseless again? Should she hand him her heart risking it again?

_______________________________________

Will she agree? Or will she walk away?

Wait a bit for the next update.

Happy Birthday Niall! We love you!! Our boy turned 27 Today! Yayyyy