chapter 36❤

Hritika stood in the balcony of her room.

I am fine. I'm fine. I've moved on.. I'm fine.. he too has moved on..that girl must be his...

She gulped at the thought of Aarav being with some other girl.

She looked at the moon and said "I wanted to be the star to your moon without knowing the distance we actually had between us.. maybe you never loved me.. maybe it was just a phase for you.. you'd never know how you changed my life. My life existed around you, Aarav, and you never realised it... You accused me of things I couldn't imagine of.. how could I accept the fact that the person I trust the most never trusted me?

Leaving you was a tough decision.. I loved you, and unlike you, it was true for me. My life became a roller coaster ride. when I left you, I hardly ever showed up to my offices, my business was at stake. I used to drink alcohol, can you imagine? I'm sure you can't. I went into depression, depression because of feeling betrayed, feeling extremely lonely..

Then one day I was rash driving while I hit something, someone rather. My life took a unexpected turn from there.

I met Sean. Sean Reed.

I hit him, then I took him to hospital, paid his bills. I was dying out of guilt to be honest.

Then he started recovering. I remember the day when he woke up. I expected him to very angry, and he was, but not for the reason that I hit him but that I paid all his expenses.

I remember him saying 'it was not your fault, it was me. I was walking carelessly.' when I was the one driving while being drunk.

I used to pay him regular visits and thus getting an amazing opportunity to know him. I got to know, he had a happy family, a wife and a daughter.
His wife left him for some rich younger man and left his daughter behind too. His daughter, Daisy, is a lovely soul. She calls me lovie after her father introduced me as his friend.

He told me about his crisis. He didn't have a job neither any other way to continue living. He was under the pressure of huge loans. I remember how he cried when he said he wanted to die but he couldn't, how could he leave her daughter alone?

He said now that he has found someone trustable, he wants to die. He knows that I'll keep his daughter well. It angered me thinking of the pain she'll go through because I've been there. I had no parents and the pain is unexplainable. I slapped him that day and later, made him understand what mistake he was doing.

As I looked through his qualifications, I got to know he's very well educated in business studies. So I invested in his new business. And I cleared all his loans. He calls me angel from then. I know it sounds funny, right?

Now his company is one hell of a company! He's one of the best businessman in the world. I'm proud of him. He's my friend in harsh times.

I remember the anger in his eyes for you, when I told him about my life, about you. He said I should have faught with you for I'm not weak, but then I told him that I really loved you and couldn't even think about harming you.

He stood strong by my side, always. He respects me a lot and considers me to be his best friend. And might I add, he's very possessive about our friendship and so is his daughter. Never lets anyone harm me. Daisy sometimes acts funny while scolding strangers for me.

It's him and Daisy, now. I only have them and I will never let go of them.

I really missed you, I missed mom and dad but I talked to Siddharth regularly. I used to ask him about everyone. He insisted that I should come back to India, but then understood that maybe it was better this way.

It is better this way." She murmured and didn't even realise that she was crying hard.

Suddenly she felt a small body near her leg.

"Woof woof" it barked loudly.

"Luna!!" Hritika said as she picked Luna, her baby female husky, in her arms.

"I missed you so much!" She said wiping her tears.

"And you didn't miss us?" Daisy said with her hands on her hips standing beside Sean who was controlling his laughter.

"I missed you too!! You know I missed you, Dee!" Hritika said as she gestured Daisy for a hug.

Daisy smiled widely displaying her set of teeth with one missing at the front.

"But, Angel, who do you love more? Dee or Luna?" Sean said making it more difficult for Hritika.

Hritika glared at him.

"Tell, Lovie! You love that Luna bitch don't you?" Daisy said, fuming in jealousy.

Hritika gasped as her choice of words "baby, where did you learn those words? Oh my god, forget those, now!"

"Daddy said that Luna is a female dog, that makes her a bitch, doesn't it?" Daisy said, confused.

Hritika didn't know what to say anymore. She looked at Sean with hopeful eyes.

"Dee, don't say that word, otherwise Lovie will throttle me because she'll blame me for teaching you these." Sean said picking Daisy up in his arms.

Hritika said "and you cute thing, you know Luna loves you so much! You shouldn't feel jealous!" Hritika kissed her cheeks as Daisy flashed her smile again.

"Angel, let's go and have our dinner. I'm so so soooooo hungry that I might kill this little bitch Luna and cook her up!" Sean said teasingly.

"Sean, you B A S T A R D" she said not pronouncing it but saying the alphabets. She ran to catch him and punch him.

"Dee knows how to spell, you dumb woman!" He said as he ran faster.

They both got tired from the little run as they took long breaths and looked at each other as a smile broke on their lips turning into a huge wave of laughter. They couldn't stop laughing!

The house boomed with their laughter while Daisy stood their with little Luna sitting at her feet.

She slapped her forehead as she said "Kids these days!! Ooff!"

_______________________________________
Less votes=delayed updates

How y'all are liking the new characters?

I, personally, love the character of Sean. You'll get to know more about him in next chapters.

And about Aarav, I don't have time for that dumbass h*e. -_-

Okay, bye! Take care!