chapter 16❤

Past few days, Aarav had almost made the hospital his residence. It's been five days but still there's no such response from Hritika.

"Bhai, I think you should go home for a bit, I can take care of her." Said his cousin.

"No thanks, I want to be with her"

"Dude, go home!"

"No, you go home!" Aarav insisted.

He was hesitant but gave in "Okay boss, call me whenever you need me." To which Aarav just smiled, tired.

As soon as he left, Aarav sat by Hritika, he was restless, he was dying to see her orbs, hear her talk, just once!

The nurse came in shortly after to check her improvements. It was around midnight.

With them leaving, Aarav fell asleep to his own oblivion, but it wasn't very long until he heard some noises.

*Beep beep beep*
A beeping noise intrupted his sleep making him panic, the red light flashing on the computer screen made him lose his senses.

"DOCTOR? DOCTOR? NURSE? ANYBODY? WHAT IS WRONG!?"

She couldn't breathe. Her chest was rising up high as she tried hard to inhale.

"You're going to be fine! Don't worry, don't worry! You're scaring me!"

Then a group of doctors and nurses come in and asked him  to excuse them. He could see them discuss gravely, everything was happening so fast. I
He felt dizzy, cursing himself for everything again.

Few minutes go by, the doctors call him in. The confident business tycoon was now sweating of nervousness, afraid of his own fate— he went in anyway.

" Mr. Malhotra, everything is great!"

Wait what?

"What are you talking about?"

"Actually, your wife was in a bad condition but it looks like it was the storm before rain."

"I don't get it. Tell me straight."

"She responded! After so long! She's going to be okay soon."

"Are you sure? Uh- that was a stupid question. Thank you! Thank you so much!"

"That's our job."

He looked over at Hritika's pale face, unsure of doctor's words.

"Give her a bit time"

He just nodded. //////////

I took my seat beside her as they left and slowly caressed her hair.

"Wake up, I can't wait to talk to you again. I can't imagine my life without you now. I'm going crazy actually. Can't believe this is me. I have changed. I have changed for good"

I smile sheepishly and continue "when you finally will be allowed to go home, with me" I sigh "I don't know.. it's my sweetest dream for now..to take you home actua--"

I see her a eyelids flatter a bit. And then she slowly opens her eyelids and I can see those eyes again.

As I watch her, I can't help but a tear escapes my eye and I keep smiling. She blinks her eyes a few times then finally her eyes fixes on mine and her lips curl up a bit.

"Hey" I say grinning ear to ear.

She just stares with a vague smile. 

"You scared me." I finally say.

She holds my hand and presses it softly.

"Of me dying?" She asks in a very low voice.

"And of me losing you."

I find an amazing undiscovered spark in her eyes, which comforts me and assures me.

"Well, it's really late.. kinda 3 am.. guess you should sleep." I say.

"Well, how many decades did I slept for?" She asks still in that low voice.

"To be honest, that really felt like a decade without you."

💫 Don't forget to vote and leave a comment 💫 it'd mean a lot