#2- Patching Things Up

No POV:

Kiara had decided she was going to clear things up with Pope that day. She had arranged to meet him down by the docks at noon when most people would already be out on their boat trip for the day. 

Despite knowing she'd finally be able to clear things up, she was still worried. Worried about how Pope was going to take things. Worried about how their friendship was going to be afterwards, but most of all, she was worried about JJ's safety. Driving home on the boat was wonderful while it lasted, but as she was on her own way home, she could hear shouts coming from his house. Kiara regretted not turning back the whole time home. The only positive that with all this worrying, noon came relatively quickly.

Kiara's POV:

I went down to the docks a little bit early, hoping to have a few moments to think. I never did get that time though as anyone not doing a job is seen as someone who could be doing a job down there, so I spent most of that time moving buckets and helping out with the boats until I waited for Pope to arrive.

When he did arrive, he smiled brightly and embraced me in a hug. He was in such a good mood that is broke my heart a little bit to know that I would be ruining it all. 

They sat on the edge of the jetty, swinging their legs with the wind when I took a breath and finally spoke.

"Pope, we need to talk," I began, "I didn't mean it, when... I kissed you. It was really just a heat-of-the-moment thing, but I need you to know I never meant to hurt you. Anyways, we could never be a thing. Ya' know, 'Pogues don't mack on Pogues'?"

"Pogues don't mack on Pogues? Oh yeah, because you had no issue kissing John B. Yeah, he told us." Pope spat angrily. He got up and left in a hurry, leaving me on the docks.

Jeez Kie, you really fucked things up this time, didn't you? You just had to kiss Pope, knowing he liked you and you didn't reciprocate those feelings. I thought about how badly I messed everything up when a familiar voice came calling.

"Oi, Kie!" JJ yelled. John B was behind the wheel, with Sarah next to him. "We're going swimming in the marsh, you coming?" I was glad to have an escape, so I hopped onto the boat as it came around. "You seen Pope? I thought he was going to be down here with you," John B asked. "No," I lied.

~Word Count: 442

Ayyyyy. This chapter is again kind of boring, I need to build things up before the drama comes, so sorry about that aha