#11

The exact song I've put up isn't on my playlist. The remix isn't on Spotify, but the original is. With the last chapter, I had no clue how to continue the scene so I'll just do an overview of what happened then go into the next scene. Btw, when it says JJ and me in Kiara's POV, I don't know grammar and usually, I'd to JJ and I but Grammarly says that it should be JJ and me, so... yeah. <33

No POV:

Kiara and JJ ended up spending that night under the stars. The weather was clear and just the right temperature. They hardly spoke, though they didn't need words to express this newfound liking for each other. Neither had ever felt to calm and peaceful like that before.

Kiara's POV:

Two kisses. I kissed JJ twice. He asked what we should do next on the boat, right after our first kiss, but we never got around to talking about it. Then, I went to his house hoping we could discuss it, but then we never really spoke about anything at all. 

I think I'm really falling for him. No- correction. I have fallen for him. I've fallen for his sandy blonde hair, I've fallen for his crystal blue eyes. If you had told me even two weeks ago that I'd be feeling this way about JJ, my friend since forever, I probably would have laughed and slapped you across the face. But now? Things are totally different, though I hope he feels the same way.

JJ has always been a flirt, but never has he gotten involved with someone. What if he doesn't like me that way?

My thoughts were much the same as Pope's right after we kissed, and once I realised that it made me feel worse. For one, I now understood how bad it would've felt for Pope and also, things hadn't ended well for Pope and I, so what if the same thing happened with JJ and me?

No POV:

Kiara had no clue, but she didn't need to worry at all. There was a moment the previous night, when they were on the sand, looking at the sky when JJ looked at her. 

He had never seen anything so amazing. She was resting her eyes, with her head leaning back against a pillow of sand. Her silhouette could just be seen with the little light the moon gave off. Kiara's soft hair was piled in a cute bun on top of her head. Despite the low brightness, Kiara still looked effortlessly amazing.

JJ picked up his phone, putting it down after checking and seeing no new messages. He longed to talk to Kiara, though for some reason he couldn't be able to message her. What should he say? How should he say it? Does it sound mean if I don't put any emojis? Is it too needy to put an emoji in?

JJ, for the first time in his life, was actually thinking about something. Overthinking, some might say.

Eventually, JJ got quite tired of waiting for someone to message him, he decided he would ask if Kiara was free.

~~~Kiara~~~

JJ: Wud?

K: Not much tbh, just on my phone

JJ: Wanna come over?

K: Sure. Be there in 20 minutes

JJ: Okay

Though didn't know it, JJ had just made Kiara's day.

Kiara's POV:

I was happy when JJ invited me over. I really wanted to see him again, though I'd just spent the previous night with him. Though it only takes me about ten minutes to drive to JJ's, I thought it wouldn't hurt to put on some makeup and tie up my hair. 

On the drive there, I fussed about silly things from the way I had styled my hair to my earrings that I thought weren't good enough to wear out.

JJ was already out the back, waiting for me.  He greeted me with a smile and hug, to which I returned. There was an unfamiliar type of awkward silence that lingered in between us. We hadn't actually spoken or had a proper conversation since we first kissed.

"So, how are things?" JJ asked, eager to break the silence.

"Eh, ya' know. Same old same old. Anyways, why aren't I asking you? How are things with your dad," I replied, adding the last part with what I hoped was a sensitive tone to my voice.

No POV:

"He hasn't been home in a few days. Probably couch surfing saying he'll get home in the morning but then being too hungover to move at all," Kiara edged closer to JJ, wanting to comfort him.

"JJ... I'm so sorry," Kiara put an arm around JJ and leaned into his shoulder.

With butterflies in his stomach, JJ held the hand Kiara had put around him. 

"What are we going to do, Kie?" JJ hadn't used the affectionate nickname in a while, and it made her sit up.

"Do about what?"

"Us. Are we just going to keep doing this or...?"

"I-I don't know. I mean, it was just two kisses," Kiara got anxious and hated herself for saying that. 

"What? Kiara, I don't believe you!" With a sudden outburst, he stood up and looked down at her.

"JJ? What do you mean?"

"Just two kisses. We both know it means more than that! Goddammit, Kiara," Though he sounded angry, he was really just sad. JJ had spent all his time thinking about Kiara, and then it turns out she doesn't care at all for the two of them being together. JJ was annoyed that Kiara could just brush it off like that. He really thought things could turn into something special, and he felt stupid.

"JJ-" 

"No. I can't do this now." JJ snapped and Kiara got up and left, slamming the car door unnecessarily loudly. 

Kiara broke down on the drive home. Her eyes were full of tears and she could hardly see, so she had to pull over. She stayed on the side of the road for five minutes before a car came up behind her.

A girl came out of the car, and as she got closer, Kiara realised it was Sarah.

Sarah's POV:

I was driving back from John B's place when I saw what looked like Kiara's car parked on the side of the road.

I knocked on the window and she opened the door. When I saw her my heart broke.

Her mascara was running down her face and her eyes were red.

"Kiara? What happened," I spoke softly, trying to be careful.

"J-JJ," She sobbed

"What? What did he do? I swear to god, if he did anything to you, I will storm over to his house with John B and he won't live to tell the tale," I flared up, surprising myself with my own reaction.

Kiara motioned for me to come around and sit in the passenger seat.

"It wasn't him, it was me. W-We got into an argument and I said that what happened didn't mean anything. Sarah, I think I screwed it all up," Kiara was sobbing and her head rested on the steering wheel.

"Aww omg, Kiara. I'm so sorry. You have nothing to worry about. I've seen the way he looks at you, we all have. There's no way he'll let one fight ruin everything you guys have. If he does, then he's not worth your time," Sarah wrapped her arms around Kiara, feeling terrible for her closest friend.

"Thank you," Kiara spoke softly and her voice cracked.

Word Count: 1146 (0_0)

Woah that was a big chapter. This took me a while to write XD. But... Jiara 😭. My heart got sad writing this. Sometimes we all need a friend like Sarah <3  But... OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 750+ READS!! LITERALLY JUST OVER TWO WEEKS AGO THIS DIDN'T EVEN EXIST. <3333333