#20

I'M SORRY I KNOW I SAID I WAS GOING TO WRITE A STEAMY CHAPTER BUT A COMMENT REMINDED ME OF AN IDEA I WAS GOING TO WRITE BEFORE I EVEN STARTED THIS BOOK. ALSO TYSM FOR 2K READS I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU HOW HAPPY I AM LIKE OMG. Regardless, this chapter is kind of like when Sarah and John B had the talk. 

No POV:

Even though it was only a week, it felt like ages since Brandy left and they all had a group outing. Of course, it was Sarah and Kiara who arranged it. They all met at The Wreck, though Kiara asked Sarah if she could come a bit earlier. She felt as though she had been unable to talk to one of her closest friends in a while.

"So, how are things? Ya' know, with JJ, after all that drama with Smith," Sarah was seated across from Kiara on an outside table.

"Well, he took it really well. It was a little bit awkward when I told him, but he trusts me, and things are okay now," Smiling as she spoke, Kiara rested her head on her wrist in a slightly dreamy-like way, "Why are we talking about me? How are things with you and John B?"

"Ah, they're great. He took me out to that sandbank we sometimes go to and it was really nice."

"Ooh how romantic~ Did anything... happen?" Kiara had a mischievous glint in her eyes and was grinning jokingly.

"Kiara!" Sarah laughed and gently slapped her friend on the arm before continuing in a rather distinguished fashion, "But no, nothing did happen."

"Has anything happened?" Kiara asked, but a light blush and giggle from Sarah told her everything.

"Well, has anything happened with you and JJ?" Sarah raised an eyebrow in suspicion.

"It nearly did, but it didn't actually happen. I mean, I don't think I strike anyone as the type to wait until marriage- which I'm not- I just think I need to wait until the right time," Kiara smiled and was saved from further talking about this topic with the arrival of the boys.

Everyone enjoyed the following afternoon, laughing under the stars and drinking like there was no tomorrow. It was late, more like extremely early when they all went home. The boat was parked at The Château. Though it was late and nobody's house was especially close, Pope, JJ and Kiara all left Sarah and John B and walked home. Pope went to his house, though it was evident he was nervous about having to greet his parents.

Kiara walked JJ home, deciding if she would stay or not depending on if his dad was home. She probably wouldn't have let him go home if he was, seeing as how bad things were last time. 

Fortunately, however, there was no Luke to be found. Though they didn't need to be, the two crept quietly into the house, though in their drunken attempt, they did sound quite loud. Eventually stumbling into JJ's bedroom, Kiara sat down on his bed and leaned her back against the wall, sighing heavily.

With a clearer headspace, Kiara got up and helped JJ safely find his bed. She went about clearing the empty beer bottles, littered around from previous occasions. 

Walking in with a glass of water, she saw that he had sobered up slightly and was sitting on the floor, leaning against his bed.

"Hey, how you feeling?" Kiara asked, sitting down next to him, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Eh, been better," JJ gave a half-hearted smile and turned so his head was facing her, though his eyes were only half-open.

"Want to head to bed?"

"Yeah, maybe in a bit, or we could continue where we left off the other day?" Though he was trying to flirt, he couldn't actually bring himself to move, even his skin felt heavy.

"Maybe another time?" 

"Sure... Would it have been your... ya' know, first time?" 

"What? First time being intruded on by a parent while something very much not PG-13 almost happened? No. First time having sex? Yes. What about you?" It made Kiara uncomfortable talking about this, so she tried to act cool and nonchalant, deflecting the spotlight onto JJ.

"Well, not exactly. It isn't like nobody's wanted to, there's been plenty of times. I don't know why. I was drunk every time, so how I had the sense to not go any further is beyond me," Kiara couldn't understand why, but she was happily surprised at his innocence.

I KNOW I'M SORRY I KNOW I SAID I WOULD MAKE A STEAMY CHAPTER BUT THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT. Ik it's like very out-of-character in that last convo, but tbh I prefer them being this way. <33333