#10

I began writing this chapter about an hour after I posted the previous one, so let's see how long it takes to write this XD. Wasn't listening to the song when I began writing this chapter, I added it when I started listening lol. Again, we're picking up right where we left off last time.

No POV:

They stared for a moment too long, and they slowly leaned in towards each other. Eventually, their lips met. Kiara melted into the moment. The worries she had about Pope disappeared. It felt just as special as it had the night before. Nothing else really mattered at that time, they were only focused on each other.

"Talking's overrated," Kiara grinned, with her forehead leaning against JJ's.

"Yes, I suppose it is-" He was cut off with another kiss from Kiara before she got off the boat and headed straight home, practically skipping with excitement.

"You're a woman of mystery Kiara Carrera!" JJ called as he started up the boat again, feeling great as he took the boat back home.

ct JJ parked the boat and walked into his house, bringing with him an aura of happiness and joy. This feeling ended the moment he noticed more beer bottles on the counter and heard the couch creak as a weight was relieved from it.

"Where you been, boy?" Luke yelled angrily, "Out with your friends again? What about your old man? Leaving me to clean up your mess!" He waved a near-empty bottle dangerously close to JJ's head, making JJ flinch.

"They're making you soft, those damn kids," Luke noticed JJ's reaction before adding, "What about those rich ones? Doubt they'll be doing ya' any good," He was annoyed by his son's reaction.

"Kiara and Sarah? Yeah, they're doing all right," JJ tried his best to ignore his father, though when he was as drunk as this it always ended the same way.

"Hey! No son of mine will speak back to me," Luke's eyes were fuzzy but that didn't appear to affect his strength when he shoved his only child to the ground.

JJ knew what was going to happen, though that didn't make it any easier, he had only just opened his eyes when Luke swung another hit at him. 

JJ's head was groggy but he looked around for something to defend himself with and saw an old lamp with a busted globe just a few inches away from his hand. Unfortunately, Luke caught on with what he was doing and another punch was enough to knock JJ out cold.

Timeskip to the next morning, just before the sun rose.

He woke up the next morning I woke up exactly where I had passed out last night. The sound of his dad snoring loudly was enough to wake anyone up.

Once JJ was fully awake, he came to realise that the skin was dry. Once he stood up, he went over to the bathroom mirror and the cracked reflection was enough to alarm anyone. 

There were cuts littering his skin, with dried blood on the left of his face. The memories of last night flooded back to JJ and he remembered the events of last night. After cleaning up the blood and applying antiseptic, he was feeling better. Other than a mild headache, JJ was okay. Things had been worse before, at least nothing was really bad.

Despite all this, a text from Kiara made him feel better.

~~~Kiara~~~

K: hey ;)

JJ: hi, wud?

K: nm, Sarah wanted to see if you guys wanted to come over? Her dad's out with Topper

JJ: sorry, I've got some things going on at home rn, maybe later?

K: omg are you okay? was it something with your dad? need me to come over??

JJ: Nah it's fine. I'll catch you later

JJ was not keen on letting the others see him like that. Appearing vulnerable made him uncomfortable, even with Kiara. Perhaps staying away just for a few days wouldn't be the worst thing while his face healed.

Not wanting to speak to his dad again, JJ spent most of the day on the boat, though he was cautious not to use all the fuel.

He came back home, pleased to see that his dad's car wasn't parked next to the car. Luke was definitely not fit for driving, though JJ didn't actually care what the fuck happens to his dad, as long as he isn't near.

Walking through the overgrown and beaten path that led to the back of the house, JJ heard the noise of footsteps pacing over leaves and twigs. Automatically assuming the worst, he picked up one of the rusting metal rods and held it up behind his head.

Needless to say, JJ was surprised to see Kiara in front of him.

"K-Kiara?" JJ called out, making her jump a little.

"JJ- Oh my god! What happened?" Kiara ran up to him and threw her arms around his neck, causing him to stumble backwards a few feet.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were with the others."

"I was worried- you never say no to those kinds of things, and then you brought up a family issue, so I thought it might be about your dad. I'm sorry, I know I should have told you, but by the looks of it, checking up on you might not have been the worst," Kiara looked down at her feet, slightly embarrassed.

"Don't apologise. I'm all good, nothing that hasn't happened before," JJ half-heartedly let out a low chuckle.

Kiara put her hand against JJ's cheek, feeling the scars underneath her fingers. 

"JJ..." Not knowing how to put her feelings into words, Kiara shoved her hands in the pocket of her pants. Her eyes were glassy and tears were close to falling down her face.

"Hey, Kiara, don't cry," JJ wasn't sure what to do next, and awkwardly put an arm around Kiara. She looked up and the sight of her face, so full of concern for JJ, nearly made him cry himself.

Word Count: 1001

Lol don't really know what that chapter was? Idk if you want me to continue that scene or skip to another one?? XD I'm completely clueless so if anyone has any ideas i'd massively appreciate that! <33