#6- Tiny bit of Jiara

I actually started writing this at late night/early morning again but I brought earphones so it is all g. I'm not sure why but this song always puts me in the feels AND cures me of writers' block, so give it a listen if you need motivation for something. Again, I don't know anything about surfing so when I say "safety strap" I mean that little velcro band you put around your ankle. I have no clue what it is called though haha. Prepare yourself for a kind-of Jiara moment. :)

JJ's POV:

To be perfectly honest, I do not hate the new clothes. I mean, do I feel kind of bad I'm probably going to only wear them a few times? Sure, but according to Kiara, it doesn't matter at all so I'm not concerned about that.

She looked absolutely divine in her dress. The way the lighter purple stood out in contrast to her skin was so magnificently gorgeous. She did look ever so slightly uncomfortable, however. I can only assume that that is due to the fact that she hardly ever wears dresses or skirts and is usually in shorts.

I laid down on the beach, feeling the warm sand on the back of my neck and in my hair when I heard a familiar female voice ring out.

"Hey, JJ!" Kiara called out, "I almost didn't spot you. Your hair and skin is basically the same colour as the sand- It was your surfboard that gave it away," She grinned.

I sat up and turned to face her. Thank god for the surfboard, I thought.

"So, watcha' doing?" I asked. It was common to see her around here, but she was usually here for a reason.

"Eh... I don't know. I felt like a surf but I wasn't in the mood for seeing someone else from figure eight so I came here. I supposed that one of you guys could be here so that would be fun. I just needed to get out of my house. My mum has gone into some kind of neat-freak mode. Not sure why, as we have somebody for that," Kiara began.

No POV:

"Oh. Well, if you wanna go for a surf right now we can?" JJ offered.

Kiara grinned and picked her surfboard off the ground, quickly tying up the safety strap, "Race you there!"

"Hey! That isn't fair! You got a head start!" JJ complained, although he quickly caught up with Kiara anyway.

JJ and Kiara spent the majority of their day out surfing until more people came and you were spending most of your time trying not to hit a tourist.

There weren't too many places to go so the two found themselves relaxing on the boat. They took it just into the marsh, out of reach from people but still in the warm sun.

"Hey, John B gave me a ride home yesterday and he asked a strange question," JJ broke the relaxed silence as he sat up.

"Hmm? Oh yeah, what was it?" Kiara replied lazily, still basking in the sun

"He asked that if the reason you asked him if he told me about the kiss, was because something was going on between us," JJ said, not sure of what Kiara's response would be.

"Oh, haha. What a strange question," Kiara spoke with a nervous tone to her voice.

"Yeah, but- can I ask why you asked him that?" JJ was slightly curious.

"Well, you had hit on me before, so I didn't want to hurt your feelings. There wasn't anything between John B and I, by the way, it was the same thing it was with Pope. We kissed, it meant nothing, we got over it," Kiara said quickly before adding, "So much for the no Pogue on Pogue macking..."

"I mean, you've still got me," JJ chuckled lightly as he started up the engine again.

"Yes, I suppose I do," Kiara responded before falling silent the rest of the way home.

Word Count: 669

Oop thanks for reading- I just checked and realised this book has 190 reads! Thank you so much! I would continue the book anyway but having people read it just makes me more motivated to continue. I know this chapter isn't super long but oh well. <33