#16

Hello! This song is a little happier than the other ones on here XD. I'm adding a new O.C. Before we start, I want you to know that she is in the (L)GBTQIA+ community, so if that makes you uncomfortable, please go away because we don't need people like you! 😚✌🏼. Sorry if that seems harsh, but I encourage you to be open-minded, especially with everything going on right now. However, I do not promise she isn't problematic. She will only be here for a few chapters anyway, so don't fuss. Btw people don't know she's lesbian until she says so lol.

I imagine her looking something like this-

No POV:

It appeared to be Pope's turn to have a lucky day, which is what he really needed. He had spent the last five days in some kind of sadness, wallowing in self-pity. Things turned around, however, when he was helping out his dad with the orders on a Saturday evening.

He was bringing boxes down from land down to the boat which was parked at the very far end of the docks. Concentrating only on moving the boxes which each weighed over twenty kilos, he accidentally bumped into someone who had just gotten off of a heated conversation with someone over the phone. 

"Omg, I'm so sorry!" She bent down to grab the box, which the girl picked up with ease.

"No, don't apologise. It was my fault for running straight into you," Pope began to blush slightly- He found this girl incredibly attractive.

"Oh- um, nevermind about that," She flicked a bit of hair behind her shoulder and watched as the boy in front of her checked his watch.

"I get off in five minutes, if you have some time, wanna go get fish and chips or something?"

"Sure!"

Pope instantly felt happier, though he tried his best to carry the boxes as effortlessly as the Smith had. He stole a glance at her every few moments as she waited patiently, glancing at her phone occasionally.

"So, let's start off with the basics, what's your name?" Pope asked as they walked down the docks to the old fish and chips store that was many years past its prime time.

"Well technically it is Brandy, but people tend to call me Smith or Smithy, which is my surname. Not really sure why, I think I had a problem pronouncing my r's as a kid, so I referred to myself using my last name and I guess it just stuck. Anyways, what's yours?"

"It's Pope. No real backstory behind it, however," Pope chuckled lightly and held open the door when they arrived at the shop front.

"Pope. I like it. Do you live near here?"

"Yeah. My dad owns a shop on the docks. You?"

"No, I wish. I'm here on holiday at my aunt's place while my parents have some teaching convention thing."

"Oh, that's a shame. Do you have much time left here? If so, you could meet my friends, I'm sure they'd be happy to meet you."

"The convention is only for a week and a bit, though I'm supposed to be here for the next fortnight. I arrived just a few hours ago."

They continued their conversation through dinner and Pope explained all the dos and don'ts, the Kook vs Pogue rivalry and explained as much as he could about his friends.

Pope came home feeling very pleased, and quickly arranged a date for the others to meet Brandy- or Smith.

~~~The Gang~~~

P: Guys, I met someone down at the docks today, she's pretty cool. was hoping you guys could meet her?

S: Name a time and place

K: Sure!

P: Tomorrow at the beach? she's here on holiday for the fortnight

JJ: Sure dude

J.B: Didn't take you long to move on from Kiara, did it? ;)

S: John B!

J.B: Sorry, too soon?

K: You two fight like an old married couple

JJ: ...

Timeskip to the next day

No POV:

John B and Sarah arrived first, greeting the new girl.

"So, I presume that this is the infamous Smith girl?" Sarah joked, making Pope blush again. Oddly enough, this made Brandy feel slightly awkward, though nobody appeared to notice it. 

"So... do you surf?" Sarah asked. She took an immediate liking to her, seeing some similarities in Kiara- mainly their sense of fashion.

"No, but I wish. I'm from Arizona- not much beach there, unfortunately. Do you?"

"Well, kind of. Probably the least out of anyone here. If you're looking to learn, I suggest talking to anyone here except for me. Kiara's really good, she'll be here in a moment. And JJ, he's pretty good, and also Kiara's boyfriend."

"Ah, cool! Pope didn't mention they were dating, he did tell me you two were though," She cast a quick curious glance at Pope, who felt slightly embarrassed. He was quickly saved by the arrival of JJ and Kiara.

Smith's POV:

I got up to say hello to the new arrivals, eager to meet them.

"Hey! I'm Kiara, and this is JJ, though I'm going to assume Pope already told you that?" Kiara laughed. I instantly liked her, she had a happy and bubbly vibe.

"Yeah, haha. He also told me you were a great surfer."

"Uh, excuse me! Pope! I'm the great surfer here!" JJ pretended to look offended, though all was put right pretty quickly.

"Ah, I don't know JJ, don't you remember the day we met? I think that Pope has a pretty fair point!" Kiara asked flirtatiously and put her arms around JJ's shoulders, giving him a quick kiss.

"Ew, get a room you two!" John B shouted.

"Oh yeah, because it's totally not like you guys always have your tongues down each others throats!" Kiara snapped back playfully and pointed to Sarah and John B.

"Would you guys just shut up for a second? Jeez!" Sarah flicked off her sandals and turned around, leaning on John B's shoulder.

"Anyways, let's get back to talking about surfing. I liked that talk about me being a great surfer," Kiara winked at me and went to sit down next to JJ.

"Yeah, I was hoping to learn how to surf if anyone had the time?" I asked, looking at Kiara. I saw Pope was about to speak, though he hesitated for a moment and Kiara, I assume not wanting to make me feel bad, offered to give me some lessons.

"Sure! You got any experience at all?"

"Uhm, not unless you count the simulation I went on when I was ten at a school carnival? I totally ruled the ocean then!" I put my hands out to the side like you see people do when they surf and bobbed my head up and down, pretending I was going over waves. This caused an uproar of laughter, though Pope's voice nearly drowned out everyone else's.

Word Count: 1124

I don't think I've completed a chapter that long in such little time. It is currently 10:43 pm but I'm probably going to start the next chapter in a few minutes as this chapter didn't really have anything interesting in it, other than the introduction of a new oc. <333