#17

Ayyyy. I started writing this at 10:45 pm and thus cannot listen to music as my parents are in the next room. How do ya'll feel about Brandy/Smith?? She hasn't told the Pogues yet, idk if I expressed that clearly but um yeah.

No POV:

Kiara woke up a little bit earlier than usual the next morning. She loaded two surfboards onto the roof of her car and strapped them up, throwing in a towel before she got into the car.

Brandy was already at the beach when Kiara arrived, sitting in the sand. Her brown hair was down and she felt slightly odd without the bandana around her head. 

"Hey, Smith!" Kiara yelled, lucky that Brandy could only just hear and not wanting to drag two boards out, "You mind giving me a hand?"

"Yep!" She got up and ran over to where Kiara's car was parked.

"Sorry the boards a bit old, it is what I learned to surf on and it hasn't been used in a few years. Don't worry, I cleaned it though!" Kiara laughed and pulled her hair out of the loose plait it had been in before.

Brandy's POV:

Kiara pulled her hair down, and I can't say I didn't understand what JJ saw in her. From what I could tell, she had a great personality, and she was also quite pretty. The way the early morning light framed her small figure and how her hair was done up in a cute messy fashion- similar to my own.

I looked at her for a few moments but then remembered Ally and felt guilty. I would never do this back home. We had a fight but she is still my girlfriend. I reminded myself that I was so lucky to be with Ally. She was nice, popular and our families were both super accepting of our relationship.

These thoughts were soon out of my head as Kiara began instructing me on main safety tips. Number one, be on the lookout for jellyfish. Portuguese Man o' War, otherwise known as the bluebottle where I'm from, though that's mainly from watching Australian TV shows. Number two- make sure the strap on the end of the surfboard is tied up around your ankle. There were a few more though they weren't too important. After all, I survived the session without seriously doing something wrong.

I greatly enjoyed myself, though it wasn't a huge success. I failed to catch the wave my first three tries, and when I eventually did I ended up falling off as I feared I would hit someone. Kiara assured me that it would be okay- it was the swimmer's job to look out for surfers, it's hard to spend our time concentrating on everything all at once.

At the end, we went and got ice cream and sat in the trunk of her car talking.

"So, you got a lover back home?" Kiara asked, licking a bit of ice cream that was about to dribble onto her hand.

"Well, I think so. I have a girlfriend, but we got into a huge argument."

"Aw, I'm sorry. I'm sure things will be okay," Kiara sounded genuinely concerned and I was happy she was so cool about me having a girlfriend.

"Well, I don't know. We are just always bickering. I feel bad though, because I know I'm so lucky to have her. She's the most perfect person, and I honestly couldn't be luckier, which is what makes things so difficult," I sighed and shoved the rest of the cone down my mouth.

"Sometimes when you are always telling yourself how lucky you are, it's often because you aren't asking yourself how happy you are," Kiara spoke wisely, and I watched as she neatly folded the napkin from her ice cream and put it in her pocket.

No POV:

Brandy caught Kiara's eyes for a moment, and without thinking, leaned in and kissed Kiara. There were a few moments when she thought it was a good thing because Kiara didn't pull away, but in reality, it was just her processing what was happening.

"Smith- I... I'm sorry, but..." Kiara struggled for words, not wanting to make Brandy feel bad.

"Oh my lord, I'm so sorry. Oh my goodness what did I just do? I have a girlfriend for god's sake!" Brandy apologised to Kiara but ended up just yelling at herself.

"Hey- look, don't worry, but I best be getting home," Kiara closed the trunk door, saying goodbye to Brandy and hopped in her car and drove home. She felt awful. Awful for making Smith feel bad but also awful for kissing somebody else while she was with JJ. Once she got home, she made sure the first thing she did was message JJ.

~~~JJ💞~~~

K: U free? Can u come over? 

JJ: Yeah sure, something up?

K: I'll tell you when you get here

K: It is just my dad so you'll be safe

JJ arrived here in just under ten minutes. Fortunately, there didn't appear to be any new marks on his face from his dad. He knocked on Kiara's door and she welcomed him into her room. He put her hands on Kiara's waist and was leaning in for a kiss, but she pulled away and sat down cross-legged on her bed, patting the space next for her to get JJ to sit down.

He sensed that this was something serious, and sat down unusually quietly, waiting for Kiara to speak.

"I-I... well, um.." Kiara was struggling to speak. She stared into his eyes and felt terrible. Though she didn't want to have to talk with him about this, she knew it was the right thing to do.

"I... You know Smith?" Kiara began, and JJ nodded, "Well, as you know, I was teaching her how to surf. Then afterwards, we got ice cream. Then we started talking and she told me about her girlfriend, and that things weren't going great with her," Kiara paused, taking a moment to observe JJ's reaction.

"Go on," JJ spoke but felt bad as Kiara's eyes began to swim with tears.

"JJ- I," Kiara was on the verge of bursting into tears, "JJ, she kissed me. It only lasted for a few seconds, and it wouldn't have even been that if my stupid brain could've only realised what was happening sooner. It didn't mean anything, you know that!" Kiara wanted nothing more than to just hug JJ, though she waited until he responded to do anything.

"I-I don't really know what to say..."

"Are you mad?"

"No- at least, I don't think so. Do you promise it didn't mean anything?" He looked at Kiara straight in the eye.

"Yes, JJ I absolutely promise."

"Well then, I don't think that I'm mad," JJ sighed and looked at Kiara's face, knowing from the way she was looking at him that there was absolutely no way that this girl would ever intentionally hurt him.

"Come here," he pulled Kiara onto his lap and stroked her hair softly.

Word Count: 1141

DAMN LIKE OMG I UPDATED TWICE IN TWO HOURS. I FINISHED WRITING THIS AT 11:50 PM AND UPDATED BEFORE THEN AT LIKE 10:40 LIKE OMG WUT. Like, it usually takes me four days to write two thousand words, and just like- omg. Anyways, thank you for reading and thank you for 1.3k reads!! <333