#18

Helloooooooooo. JJ and Kiara were adorable in the last chapter but Brandy needs to get her head outta the clouds tbh and go straight home. Poor Pope though. 

No POV:

As much as Kiara wanted to tell Pope what happened between her and Brandy, she couldn't bring herself to do it. Kiara felt that if it was a different situation, she would have said something, but evidently Brandy had not told Pope that she had a girlfriend and she didn't think it was her place to out Brandy to everyone else.

Thankfully, Brandy did have some sense of mind and she felt it was right to tell Pope. Smith asked if she could meet up with Pope by the beach the next Saturday morning, perhaps being in an open and natural environment would make things better?

"Look, Pope. I had lots of fun with you and your friends the last week or so, but there's something I have to come clean to you about," Brandy sighed heavily and avoided eye contact with Pope.

"What is it? You're not leaving, are you? You still have a week left," Pope wasn't realising that what Smith was talking about was a bit more complicated than having to leave.

"I've got a partner, back home."

"Oh, uh-"

"A girlfriend. She's who I was arguing with when we met," She looked relieved for a sliver of a moment, then her eyes landed on Pope's face and she felt awful.

"Look, Pope, I'm ridiculously sorry, but I feel like you have a right to know, I did something else as well," Brandy knew that this would be a bit more difficult to explain after having learned of Pope and Kiara's previous relationship.

"Whatever it is, I doubt it's that important compared to this."

"I kissed Kiara."

"Wait- what? How could you! Can you not see that even though JJ and Kiara have only been together for a little while, they're practically in love! Oh my god, has she told him yet?" Pope wasn't sure how to feel. After all, the girl that he liked had just kissed the girl that he used to like.

"Ah, you know what? It doesn't matter. I'm sorry for blowing up like that. I appreciate you for telling me, however," Pope sighed and got up, "I'm going to see the others. I won't tell them what happened, your secret's safe with me," Pope tried to joke but didn't feel like it when he heard her response.

"Thank you for that, but it's okay, I already told Sarah and John B, I'll leave it to Kiara to decide if she wants to tell JJ, but I'm sure she will," Brandy smiled, picking up her bag and walking off. Why was it always Pope that figured things out first?

While Pope was stuck, annoyed at the world and kicking stones on the path, JJ and Kiara were spending some time together.

Kiara was on her bed, the place that appeared to be the opening set in most scenarios involving her. Feeling cold, she went downstairs to make herself a cup of green tea- unusual, yes, but she had gone through a fair bit of change in the last few weeks, maybe ditching something that everyone said she shouldn't be having (alcohol, coffee), wouldn't be the worst thing. 

She had just poured the boiling water into her cup when there was a knock on the door. She could tell just from the blurry silhouette showing through the stained glass on her door that it was JJ. Pleasantly surprised, she went over to the door, but the sight before her made her lose her breath.

"JJ! Aw, come here," Kiara held out her hands gently, sad that she didn't need to ask what happened, knowing it was his dad. He stood there for a few moments and Kiara spoke again.

"Have you been drinking? JJ, you know it's only midday?" Maintaining her soft expression, she was trying to be careful. Drunk JJ is definitely not always stable.

"No- I swear, it was my dad..." His voice sounded husky and he looked like he was on the verge of breaking down. Cuts were scattered around his face, but the blood that was beginning to dry under his nose is what looked the worst.

She hugged him. Though she wanted to tighten herself around him, she didn't want to hurt him as Kiara highly doubted that the punching was just on his face. There had been times when even the school nurse wasn't able to stitch up wounds on his stomach, and Kiara hoped this wasn't one of those times. It isn't that Kiara wasn't able to sew him back together, it was that when things got really bad it was always JJ's mental state that often took a turn for the worse at times like those.

"Take your shirt off," Kiara instructed.

"Jeez Kiara, no need to be subtle," JJ winked and happily obliged.

"Ugh, you know what I mean," Kiara rolled her eyes but felt bad when she saw that his abdomen was covered in blood and bruises, she couldn't even find out where the actual scars were. 

Kiara began to wipe away the blood, and a mild sense of happiness was reinstated when she saw that although there was an awful amount of blood, he wouldn't be needing stitches.

"This is going to hurt," Kiara said, picking up a cotton swab with antiseptic, "Five... four... three-" Kiara dabbed the antiseptic over the wounds, carefully watching JJ's face as she did so. 

"Agh! Kie!" JJ's voice whined and Kiara felt sympathetic. She knew quite well how painful that could be. After a few painful minutes, all of JJ's wounds had been cleaned up and he did look better than before. 

Sighing, Kiara sat down next to JJ and closed her eyes for just a few moments, thinking about how bad things are for JJ, and how she wished she could make things better.

"You being there for me just automatically makes things better," He sighed and smiled, genuinely happy to be with Kiara.

"Wha- what? Did I speak out loud?" Kiara laughed and kissed JJ softly on his lips. He leaned in, deepening the kiss and ran his hand through his girlfriend's hair.

Kiara moved so she was on his lap, not breaking the kiss and still being cautious not to lean on any cuts or bruises. This created a mutual understanding that what happened from then on was okay. JJ picked Kiara up and she giggled in a way that gave usually so self-sure JJ butterflies.

They made their way up the stairs to Kiara's bedroom, where JJ flipped her down on the bed so he was on top of her. The two kissed with a kind of passion and intensity they had never felt before and neither wanted to let go of each other's embrace.

JJ put his hands underneath Kiara's shirt and she let go of him to allow it to slide over her head. No sooner than she did that, they heard the sound of a front door clicking and keys turning.

"Shit," Kiara muttered. JJ hopped off the bed and watched as Kiara slid her shirt back on.

"Under the bed," Kiara said, putting on an adhesive bandage on her knee.

"Yeah, but- what?" JJ was puzzled as to why she was doing that. She waited until her dad knocked on the door.

"Hey, you okay? Saw the first-aid kit out on the lounge," Kiara's dad poked his head around the door and nodded when she pointed to her knee.

"Fell over on the street and it was pretty dirty so I thought I'd put some antiseptic on it, just to be safe," Kiara spoke nonchalantly though she breathed a heavy sigh of relief when her dad left.

Word Count: 1357

0_0 well that was a chapter. I was gonna make it a bit more steamy, but then I checked my demographics and saw that a few of you are really young so I might wait a few chapters! <33333