Chapter 7 - Denial

As I stood there, dumbfounded at what had just happened, I stared at the boy who was walking away from me. It's like I wanted it, wanted him to do what he was going to do to me, but I couldn't let him take control of me like that.

"Damn," I said as I began following him. "Miles! Hold up!"

The boy stopped suddenly, turning on his heel and staring in my direction.

"You changed your mind?" Miles spoke as he began approaching me once again, striding over to me. I could feel my body tense as he came closer to me, the butterflies becoming more intense in my stomach.

I laughed, nerves filling my voice, "Ah, sorry but no," I began, "Do you know where Flora and Kate are?" I asked him as he stood before me, eyeing me with a dark look in his eyes. 

"You're sorry?" He questioned me as he began circling me. I could feel my face flush a shade of red as he did so, but I'm not quite sure why. 

"Miles, stop that crap will you?" I said as he stopped behind me. 

He stepped forward as he placed his hands on my arms. I turned and looked to my side, seeing him in my peripheral vision, "Miles!" He let out a laugh as he grasped my arms tighter, leaning his chin on my neck.

"I know you want me," He whispered.

"Really? And how'd you know that?" I grunted as I struggled in his grasp.

"I make you nervous, I can hear it in your voice, I also make you blush whenever I'm around you,"

I laughed, "Alright, shut up and let me go, I need to find Kate and Flora,"

He continued to wrap his hands around my waist, grasping it tightly. I felt the pressure through his fingertips as he pressed on my hips. I hated how much I loved it.

"Just admit it, Elizabeth, you love it," He whispered the last part in my ear. His moist breath colliding with my ear and neck sent chills down my spine.

"Miles just quit it will you," I told him, attempting to dominate him. He laughed, his hot breath continuing to coat my neck.

He sighed, "Fine, I'll stop, but watch yourself Elizabeth, you can't run away from me forever and next time I won't go so easy on you"

"Huh, just tell me where they are"

Miles didn't say anything as he let go of my waist, allowing me to turn and back a few feet away from him, nearly tripping over my converse laces. 

"Follow me, I'll show you where they are," He threw a smirk back at me before strutting past me, urging me to follow him.

---

Ten minutes later we arrived at a pond, "Is this the Koi Pond?" I questioned Miles. I looked at him as he slowly walked by my side, our legs moving in rhythm with one another. 

"Yeah," He replied, holding his eyes on me.

I darted my eyes forward as I felt pressure on my waist. I looked down as I saw Flora grasping my hips.

"H-Hey," I stuttered, laughing lightly as I placed my hands on her arms that hugged me. The warmth from her small frame radiated onto my body.

I looked behind the girl, at Kate. She held a smile at me.

"Flora come on, let's find some koi fish," Miles said as he grasped Flora's arm, gently pulling her away from me.

I followed them as they stood beside Kate, staring into the pond. Flora knelt down and swayed her hand in the water, swashing it slightly.

As I stood beside Miles, I could feel his hand brush lightly against my own. I glanced down at his hand. His fingers began intertwining with mine, however before he could grasp my hand I pulled away gently, placing both hands in my pockets.

I could feel his eyes on me as I stared at the water, attempting not to blush.

"Hey!" I heard Flora shout, causing me to jump out of my skin.

"Flora!" Kate yelled as she ran past Miles and me.

We both looked over at Flora and Kate as we made our way over to them. They were staring at the floor.

Silence fell between us as we held our stares on the deceased fish which lay on the concrete.

Suddenly, Miles lifted his foot and stomped on the fish, causing Flora to squeal.

"Miles!" Kate raised her voice as she held Flora in her arms.

"Nothing should have to suffer" Miles muttered as he stared at Kate. She threw him a glare as she and Flora wandered off past him. I stood there in disbelief.

I went to barge past the boy, but he stopped me from doing so.

He placed his hand on my stomach. I could feel the butterflies rising inside me as he pressed down.

"I'm not going to stop just because you're in denial, Elizabeth" He grunted. I looked at him, fear now filling me from head to toe.

I couldn't form a sentence to speak, so I remained silent.

"If I were you, I'd just give in now"

Author's note:

Hey, sorry for the really short chapter! I'm not feeling it with this story rn so I promise I will make it up to you guys in the next one! Anyways hope you're enjoying the story so far.