Chapter 24 - Flashlight (Part 2)

"W-what?" I managed to mutter, releasing the tight grip I had on my lungs.

Miles' hands remained on my waist, tugging me into him. I avoided eye contact as did he, both looking everywhere but each other's eyes.

He's fallen for you, use that to your advantage.

Don't be so cruel, she's fallen for him too.

Awe, it's like a Twilight movie in here...

"You know what he did to Miss Jessel?" Miles questioned, his nose almost making contact with mine we stood so close together.

"I'm aware," I mumbled as I pushed my lips back onto his. I didn't want to hear any more about that horrible man, he was dead, end of story surely.

He pushed back against my mouth, leaning his hips on mine. I moved my hands to the back of his neck, pushing on it lightly. I could hear him moan softly as his hands made contact with the skin on my back.

I smiled into the kiss at the small noises he made, allowing his hands to trace higher up the back of my shirt. I pushed my tongue between my lips and grazed his, allowing me to breathe as my mouth parted slightly.

He pulled his hands down around my waist, still allowing his hands to make contact with the skin, and moved them to the top of my jeans. I started to kiss him harder and rougher as I felt his hands fidget with the button on my jeans.

"Elizabeth?" An irritated woman's voice filled my ears suddenly.

I gasped, immediately pulling away from the boy in front of me and re-buttoning my jeans. I glanced at Miles who wiped the edge of his lower lip with his thumb before looking at Mrs. Grose with a guilty look.

Oh god, he looks like a puppy who's gotten in trouble.

"What are you two doing in here?" She asked as I spun around, Miles remained behind me, "what on earth happened to your eye?"

"Oh, I-uh-walked into a door?" I stuttered out a response after moments of silence, my voice came out sounding like more of a question. I could hear Miles laugh slightly from behind me.

"She's looking for Flora," Mrs. Grose began, "Come with me, I'll put some ice on it for you,"

I gulped, "Oh, no, that's okay I'll sort it,"

Mrs. Grose eyed us like we were her prey, "I've got my eye on you two,"

I exhaled loudly as she exited the room and swiftly strode down the corridor. I could feel a hand being placed back on my waist after the elderly woman was out of sight.

"We'll carry on with this later," Miles said, moving the hair from my neck and placing a wet kiss on the skin.

The feeling sent a chill down my spine, "Why do you get to choose when it happens?"

"Because, I'm in charge here," His teeth grazed my neck after he spoke.

You're loving this, aren't you?

Well, of course she is, who wouldn't?

I exhaled loudly before pulling away from him. I stepped forward a step before spinning back around to face him.

"I'm gonna go hide," I pointed my thumb towards the door over my shoulder, continuing to step backward.

Miles gave me a half smirk, "Me too,"

---

I decided to hide in Kate's bathroom. The door had no lock on it, so I hid behind the bathtub.

I must've been there for at least ten minutes and got bored waiting for my aunt to find me, so I began to exit the room and made my way downstairs.

As I entered the lounge, I was greeted by two sets of eyes staring at me.

"Elizabeth," Mrs. Grose spoke in a monotonous voice, taking a second to glance up at me before continuing to talk to Flora.

I sighed, placing myself on the couch.

"Where is Miles?" I questioned, breaking their conversation.

Flora skipped over to me, "Hiding, Kate still hasn't found him," She informed me as she skipped about the room.

I started to get butterflies in my stomach. Anxiety. I only ever got that feeling when something bad was about to happen.

Find her, now.

"Excuse me," I huffed, striding out of the room and into the corridor.

"Kate?" I said, glancing down the long hallway. No response, only silence coated the walls.

I heard Flora inform me of Kate's last whereabouts before thanking her and jogging down to find my auntie.

Once I arrived at the basement, I stared down the steep steps, looking down into the darkness. I was very claustrophobic and not just scared of confined spaces, but dark rooms, too.

I took a deep breath before stepping down and allowing the darkness to consume me.