Chapter 15 - Consequences

(Time skip - 3 hours later)

"Kate? Is that you?" I spoke into the phone.

"Elizabeth? Where are you?" My aunt asked, a distressed tone coating her voice.

"It doesn't matter, I'll be back late tonight," I didn't wait for her reply before slamming the phone back down, hanging up the call.

---

As I walked back through the Mansion doors, I wasn't greeted with any angry faces like I thought I would be. I sighed and made my way upstairs, softly shutting my door behind myself as I entered my room.

---

I awoke the next morning, my head already throbbing from the stress I had experienced the day before. I decided to brush it off and made my way downstairs after getting dressed.

I could hear Flora and Miles playing in the lounge, so I quickly shot down the hallway, rushing into the kitchen to get something to eat before someone saw me. I know I had to confront them eventually, but it could wait.

I darted to the cupboard and pulled out something in a wrapper. I had no clue what it was but I didn't care. As I spun around, I came face-to-face with Kate.

"Jesus, Kate!"

"Where were you last night?" My aunt asked as she held a heavy glare in my direction, arms folded.

I gulped, "N-nowhere, I just had to get away from Miles," She frowned.

"When did you get back?"

"Oh for god sake, what does it matter?" I huffed, waving my arms in the air as I spoke. I barged past her, not realising that I was heading into the lounge. I bumped into someone, causing me to peel my eyes from the floor and up towards the person before me.

"Oh, I'm s-sorry," I stuttered to the older woman.

"Look where you're walking,"

I sighed, my cheeks flushing red from embarrassment.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?" I heard Miles speak from behind me. I turned to him, eyeing him with hatred filling my eyes. 

"That's quite a cut you've got there," I spoke, holding my finger to his cut and bruised lip. 

"Can we go out and talk?" He gestured towards the door. I sighed whilst nodding and making my way over to the empty hallway. 

"Well?" I said, my arms folded as I eyed the boy. 

"How's your neck?" Miles questioned me. My brows furrowed at the question. 

"What do you care?" 

He sighed, "Atleast tell me where you went last night," 

"That's none of your business, are we done here?" I asked back, not waiting for a response. I walked up the stairs and noticed the black haired boy was following me. "Miles, just piss off, please," 

"Oh, suddenly you have manners?" He held a heavy smirk in my direction. 

"Whatever," I huffed before swinging open the door to my room. 

"Wait," I heard him speak before he came rushing in behind me, closing the door. 

"Oh, just go away!" I yelled at the teenager. I could feel the anger begin to pulse throughout my body as he held a smirk at me once again. 

"I will, once you tell me where you were last night," He stated. He's persistent, I'll give him that.

"Out, I went out," I replied, not paying him any attention anymore. "I need to change,"