Chapter 17 - Malevolent

"I'm not easy to manipulate," I scoffed at the boy who remained hovering over me.

He smirked, "Sure," He replied before jumping off of myself. I sighed in relief before standing to my feet, "Does Kate know?"

I stood there, thinking about his question. I spun back around to face him.

"My mother was her sister, what do you think?" I replied, sarcasm coating my voice once again.

He sighed and stood to face me, "You could've covered up the deaths, like the "car accident" they were in... Do you think she believes that?"

I stared at him for a moment.

Did she ever believe it? My lie?

I stood frozen, contemplating everything I had told my aunt. I had originally told her that my mother and father were in a car accident and they didn't make it. The whole thing was set up by me obviously, but she believed me, I'm pretty sure.

"Miles, it happened around six months ago now, if she didn't believe me, then she would've spoken up by now," The boy smiled in my direction, striding over to me.

"So, she thinks her sister was in a 'car accident' and died along with her husband?"

I only nodded in response, attempting to create a gap between us once again. My head snapped up when I realized what he meant.

"Miles, I swear if you tell her any of this I'll-"

He cut me off, "You'll what?"

He smirked heavily at me, like a child who had just gotten what they wanted. I gulped, attempting to think of a reasonable response, as getting angry was just what he wanted.

"Just, don't tell her about this, please" I didn't stick around long enough to hear an answer from him. I shot to his bedroom door and flung myself through it, darting down the hallway and into my bedroom.

---

(Time skip - A few hours later)

"Hey, Kate" I spoke as I entered the room, standing beside my aunt. She diverted her attention to me.

"Hey, have you seen Flora anywhere?" My aunt questioned me. I looked over at her, a wide-eyed expression coating her face.

She looked dishevelled, her blonde hair was in knots and messy, her sweater hung from one shoulder, revealing her pale skin. She bit and picked at her bleeding fingers as she spoke.

"Uh, no, are you okay?" I asked Kate, worry in my voice.

She frowned at me, "I'm fine, Miles told me where you were last night, care telling me about that?"

I gulped as she continued to frown at me, adding some disappointment in there too.

Crap, Miles told her? That little shit, why would he do that?

I glanced up at her, holding eye contact for a second before looking away.

"He did? Look, I'm sorry I just-"

"Y'know what, save it, Elizabeth" She waved her hand at me, signalling for me to stop talking.

God, she can be so bipolar sometimes. 

I sighed, turning around only to come face to face with Miles.

"Kate, Flora's gone, I-I can't find her anywhere" He stated, slightly out of breath. I looked over to Kate who had already darted over to the curly-haired boy.