𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

"Something kinky

"Something kinky."

"Kinky? Are you kidding?" I asked her, lifting a brow. "What kind of party is this?" My arms crossed. "It's a fall office party." Nami said bluntly. "Since it's almost Halloween, the adults decided to make it a costume party. Real mature, am I right? Now help me get the tiger off the hanger."

I grabbed the costume from her hand, prying it from its place. "Here you go."

Nami took the costume and walked over to the fitting room. She pulled the curtain over and stepped in, closing it behind her.

"Hey, so what's the point in going to this thing anyway? I mean, it's on a Wednesday night. We have to work Thursday too so we can't get hammered and come to work with a nasty hangover." I pulled costumes from their places, looking at the different ones they had.

A laced white bunny costume came out from behind a bear costume. "I think I'll wear this one." I said aloud while studying the outfit. It was fluffy and white, showing off just enough skin for the night. "Oh yeah? Which one?" Nami walked out of the fitting room wearing a tiger costume. "I'll wear the tiger."

I went in after her to try on the bunny. When it was on, I studied how it looked on my body. I tilted my head, my golden earrings following suite. "I like this one." I stated, walking out of the fitting room. "Yeah that one suits you." Nami smiled at me. "Not really." I shrugged.

Nami paid the cashier the money for both outfits, handing me my bag and taking hers in her hand. "So I saw Dragon's son on the way here today." I confessed, "that's why I was late." Nami stopped in her tracks and turned on her heel, facing me. "Holy shit, really?" She asked, surprised at my words.

"Yeah, I bumped into him, not figuratively. We talked for a little while and he asked if he would see me at the party." I told her. "I don't know why you're so surprised."

"Hancock!" Nami's eyes lit up, "I think you and Luffy would make a great couple. He seems really interested in you to me."

"Hey now.. I not so sure about that. I mean, he's a huge perv!" I protested, my cheeks dusting in pink. I looked down at the ground to hide my face. "You're bad at hiding it, Hancock." She nudged my shoulder and kept walking ahead of me.

"So, where are we off to? My place?" Nami asked. "Yeah let's go." I started walking alongside her. When we arrived at her place, I put down my bag beside her sofa. "Hey Nami, so what about that Sanji guy?" I asked the orange haired girl, a mischievous smirk creeping across my lips.

"Oh him?" Nami attempted to hide the smile threatening to form. "Well, before you ghosted at work he walked up to my desk and talked to me for awhile." She told me. "Oh and why did you leave work? Did something happen?" She changed the subject.

I remembered the events of yesterday, a shade of pink dusting my cheeks. Nami and I sat down for awhile and talked about what happened to me at work the previous day, then I changed the subject back to her and Sanji. She told me about how they talked for about an hour about each other and then bid each other farewell. While she talked about him, I could see her eyes light up. She seemed to really enjoy talking about Sanji.

≈☆≈

It was already pretty late, as Nami and I had spent hours shopping for clothes. I decided to head home for the night so I grabbed my bag from her floor and said bye.

I wanted to walk home instead of taking a taxi, so I did exactly that. I enjoyed watching the leaves on the trees change during each season of the year. In my eyes, it was rather beautiful. "Meow.." a black kitten rubbed against my leg. It's him again. I reached down, petting it's head softly. I sat on a park bench for a few hours, holding the kitten. I deciding to take it back to my place. The kitten was a male, so it would need to be fixed if I were to keep it.

Better find it a home soon.

I scooped the kitten up from its place in my lap and carried it back to my apartment. When I got inside I grabbed some leftovers and a bowl of water for the kitten. I took my usual shower and then ate my dinner, the cat at my feet. "I'll name it Ditto." I said bluntly. I started washing the dishes in my house, thinking about the party that was said to take place tomorrow.

"Am I really gonna wear that?" I asked aloud, as if someone would answer me. I turned the water faucet off and dried my hands. "Meow." The kittens' emerald eyes stared back at me. It was a longhair breed. Lovely, Ditto.

I picked up the kitten and walked to my room, getting ready for bed. Ditto made himself comfy at the top of my bed and began 'making biscuits' over the top of my blankets. "I wanna see Luffy." I told him. Yawning, I laid back in my bed and sat my hand on the kitten.

* . ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

I drifted off to sleep once again, unaware of the words I just spoke.