𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

I walked into the building in which I worked, Robin had taken the day off to spend some time 'to herself' but Nami had already told me that Robin had a date with Zoro. I've been slacking out lately and Nami has been unusually distant with me. It doesn't surprise me, though.

I still hadn't understood why Luffy acted the way he did at the party. It was a bit of a blur since I was pretty wasted.

Sitting down in my cubicle, I turned on my computer to resume my work from the day before. It was another magazine cover design for our products and models.

Luffy had taken over as the CEO of the company, making it harder for me to avoid him. Nami, however, was unusually close to him since the party. I couldn't grasp it, but the concept of the two together annoyed me.

Being knocked out of my current state of mind, there was knocking on my desk.

"Hey Hammock?"

I jerked away from my computer, confused by the sudden contact.

"Y-Yes? What do you need?" I spat out to the raven haired person in front of me.

Ignoring my glare, he continued. "You're going to be the new cover model for our magazine." he said bluntly.

"W-What?"

"You're going to be the new cover model for our magazine." he repeated.

Grabbing my wrist, Luffy pulled me from my cubicle and begun to drag me away to his office.

"Sorry for the sudden push, I thought you would be perfect for the job. You know since you're so.." Luffy paused, shutting the glass door behind him.

"pretty." he finished and sat me down on a sofa that had magazine layouts on the table across from it.

I hesitated before replying, "Luffy, I'm not sure if you've noticed but I really don't like being around you right now. Aside from that I can't cut being a model."

"I'm sorry."

He sat down on a chair that was placed diagonally from the sofa. I looked down at the table, studying the magazines but not paying enough attention to them enough to pick them up and look through them.

"Just trust me, I'll make it up to you. I wasn't trying to make you upset at the party." He met my eyes, pain evident in his gaze.

"Alright, but I swear, if you so much as touch me I will quit." I said coldly.

"Thank you, Hancock." He breathed a sigh of relief, running a hand through his raven locks. He got up and sat beside me on the sofa. For the remaining time of the work day, he showed me what would be happening and how I would do the photos.

I began to understand why he acted the way he did. Guilt began to consume me and a pit built in my stomach. I felt bad.

When it was time to finish up and clock out Luffy cleaned everything up and showed me to the door. "Hancock, I'm sorry for how I acted at the party." he apologized once again, his gaze softening. The feelings of guilt came back to me. "Luffy I'm sorry." My eyes began to tear up.

"It's not your fault, I got too defensive. It really was nothing and it was stupid of me to get mad over that little thing." I looked up at him.

"Hancock." He grew more serious, eyes locking with mine. He drew closer to me.

Accidentally, I found my eyes trailing down to his lips. They look so soft.. I looked back up to his eyes, which were closer than before. In just a few seconds, our lips connected. My hands snaked their way up his neck and into his raven hair, gripping his locks.

"Luffy." An orange haired girl snarled, standing in front of the two of us.

Luffy bit my bottom lip before pulling away, turning to face the fuming woman before us.

659 words