Chapter 22 - The Phantom of the Opera

Erik's POV:

I hurried down the street and soon found myself on the property of Fraser DeCain. As it turned out he was a rather wealthy man. I really didn’t care though. He could have been the crown prince of France and I would have been ready to kill him. His house was on the outskirts of Pairs it had taken me quite some time to get to it. In that time I had determined what I was going to do to him. Tonight would be his last night on earth. I had few moral scruples and so killing wasn't something that bothered me. I knew that Carol didn't like it but right then I didn't care about anything. I was going to kill tonight. The Phantom of the Opera was on the loose and looking for blood.

Carol's POV:

My eyes fluttered open and parts about the room starting sending off red flags. Red flag number one was that I seemed to be in a small room. Red flags two and three were that I couldn't move my feet. Red flags four and five were that I couldn't move my hands. Red flag six happened when the door opened. I wasn't surprised to see Fraser standing there. I would've suspected that he was the one who had kidnapped me. I growled at him and he laughed.

“Well, you still have the same fire you always did. I am sure it won't last once I get my ring on your finger.” He laughed and started to until my feet and hands. “Now, it is understood that you won't runaway?” I growled and my eyes flashed. Erik had taught me well. I could make my voice low and dangerous. I wasn't about to tell him who I was but I was using everything I had to intimidate him. He laughed again.

“You don't scare me.” I sat up on the bed and rubbed my wrists and ankles. He smiled and I glared. Part of me hoped that Erik knew where I was and part didn't. If he did he would come after me and save me. If he didn't then Fraser wouldn't have to face hell. I knew Erik would just kill him. He was torture him until he begged for death. A part of me wanted to hear it and another part still cared what happened to him. I couldn't understand the caring part. This man had kidnapped me. But I guess I still had that caring side that Erik loved so much. I hadn't completely succumbed to his darkness. I wasn't completely insane. Erik had always said I wouldn't ever be. He said I was too good for that to happen. I glared again at Fraser and he opened up a wardrobe.

“Here is your wedding dress. You have one hour. Don't try to escape. I don't like runaways. I might just have to force you.” He laughed and walked out. I could hear the door lock as he left. I looked at the wedding dress and gagged. I wasn't wearing that under any circumstances. I laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

Erik's POV:

I moved quickly along the ground to the lattice work that ran up the side of the house. It didn't take me long to glide up them. Sometimes it came in handy to have been the Phantom of the Opera. My hands and feet found easy holds. I did have one problem when I thought I had been spotted by a guard. As it turned out he thought he saw something but I could make my body blend with the darkness. I had been right when I told Carol that I could make anything disappear except for my face. The guard moved on and I swarmed up the latticework. I held on and looked into each window. This was going to take a while. Finally I had reached the end of the latticework and I couldn't go any further.

“Carol better be in this last room.” I looked through the window and smiled. Carol was sitting on the bed with this stubborn look on her eyes. I took pride to know how strong my fiancee was. She wasn't giving up. Then she looked toward me. I smiled.

Carol's POV:

I sat perfectly still and waited for Fraser to come back. I wanted to give him a piece of my mind. I hated his guts. I glanced toward the window and felt hope rush through me. A black shadow clung outside my window. I couldn't see anything but a pair of golden eyes swirling with insanity and anger. The Phantom of the Opera had arrived and he wanted blood and I knew just who's blood.