FIFTHTEEN

The next day later it shouldn't have been this worse or chaotic, but it was

The catcalls, The whispers, the laughter made it unbearable as the guys cheered her name and made several points to grab her ass.

Despite her being on the top of the food chain or being associated to Montgomery de la Cruz or the "Sweetheart" of Liberty.

The ill treatment. The harassment. It continued. Even De la Cruz did nothing to encourage or help Hannah Baker. He did nothing.

But, yet it became an unspoken truth that the "Sweetheart" of liberty was off-limits. Or else they would face the wrath of Cruz. Yet, despite her status or association. It was declared open season on Hannah Baker.

Much to the displeasure of the brunette as she was steadily becoming his girlfriend and a nasty growing hatred for the shining golden girl.

The tray collided rather harshly against the table. The tiredness and redness around her eyes darkened  as she clenched her jaw and sat down.

Cara's eyebrow rose, and her mouth quirked as she glanced up at the brunette, regarding the paper with disinterest it was almost comical.

Boys will be boys. No matter if you hung a steak in front of their face. They'll always settle for the easier option. Like they did.

In this case now.

"How can you not care?!" Hannah later asked, trying to hide from the attention that the Hot or not list brought. The repercussions of what Alex set in motion.

"Because..." her glossy lips curved into a grin, "Girls no matter their clothes, how they act, or what they do, will always be judged, Hannah banana. Might as well flaunt your assets or not." The words slipping past her mouth as if it was god-given truth.  In reality it was. It didn't matter if you were innocent or guilty because the treatment was the same.

Hannah turned towards her blonde-haired friend, mouth agape and eyes rounded on her in shock. The mere innocence still held visibly in her doe eyes.

"But..what.." she couldn't believe that. It was...cruel, unfair. Downright heartbreaking. The sheer certainty in the her friend's words made her shiver and only grasped onto her jacket tighter as if it would protect her from the lingering stares.

"There are worst things you know." The dark-haired girl stated, with a far away look in her eye and brought the fork into her mouth.

Hannah was in utter awe or was it shock. What could be worst than this. The confusion in her doe eyes as she met the dark haired girl; looking at her for a while, seeing her somewhat in a different way. Not completely new, but what she had assumed about her no longer seemed tangible or feasible.

Did this make their bond tighter, or was it that secrets could bind them closer or...destroy?It was becoming hard to tell as all of Hannah's sensibilities went out the window in favor of her new friends.