Dare 23

CHAPTER 23

MONICA

FROM: GABRIEL<3

You okay? Make sure to eat your lunch, babe.

Kakagising ko lang at ito ang bumungad sa akin. I can't help but to tuck the corners of my lips up. God. What is Gabriel doing to me? Araw-araw siyang ganoon. He would always send me messages like this one, and it's helping me move on from Aron's fantasies online.

I can't say that I've already moved on, but I don't cry and experience break downs like before. I'm proud of myself for that. Kasi kahit anong explain ko pa sa post ay hindi pa din sila maniniwala. There were people who actually believed Aron kaya paano naman nila ako paniniwalaan? But I just remained calm and quiet but vigilant at the same time.

From: Gabriel<3

And... are you up for a date?

I bit my lower lip as if my life was depended on it. Oh, God. Strange though, I only felt this strange feeling for the first time. It was more than the recent. I smiled as I walk down the staircase. It's Saturday. So glad I can spend my time today.

I am still wearing my night dress as I sat on my seat. A grin was painted on my lips and aptness was visible in my eyes. "You look very happy, brat." Sabi ni Daddy habang nilalagay ang table napkin sa lap niya.

"Am I?" I bit my lower lip and touched my cheeks like a crazy teenager kissed by her long-time crush.

I can see Mommy wiping the side of her lips while listening to our conversation. "Oh, before I forget. Mommy can I go out later?" I asked while cutting a piece of my pancakes.

"And where exactly you are going, young lady?" Mommy asked, glancing back and fort to her plate and me. Should I tell her that I'm going on a date? Hindi kaya siya magagalit? I've never had a date before.

"To a date with Gabriel, I guess." Sabi ni Daddy at sumubo ng bacon. I looked at him but he was busy eating. Bigla na lang akong kinabahan. What if Mommy don't agree?

"Well if that so, I need Gabriel to come here and I want to hear it from his mouth. End if the topic." Sabi naman ni Mommy at sumubo ng kanin. Hindi na lang ako nagsalita at nagpatuloy sa pagkain. Pero gustong-gusto kong umangal. Pero iyon na ang sabi ni Mommy, whatever I say, she'll never change her mind.

PAGKATAPOS KONG kumain ay bumalik na ako sa kwarto. I quickly searched for my phone to inform Gabriel that he needs to personally talk to my Mother. Good thing he said sure. Para akong nabunutan ng tinik sa dibdib. I thought he'll say 'no'.

After that, I quickly went to the bathroom and took a bath. While letting the cold water run through my body, I can't help but to think about this date. Ano kaya ang gagawin namin mamaya? Kakain sa restaurant? Picnic?

Hindi ako nagtagal sa loob ng banyo dahil nae-excite ako sa date. After doing my after-bath rituals, I slipped on a yellow square neck, above the knee dress and a pair of three inches block heels. I only wore a silver necklace and did a simple make-up. Nginitian ko ang sarili sa salamin ng makuntento na ako sa itsura ko.

Pagbaba ko ay nakita ko na si Gabriel na nakaupo at kaharap ang mga magulang ko. Mommy was smiling and Daddy was just sitting calmly, drinking his coffee. I put a smile on my face while going down the stairs.

"I'm here." Lumapit ako kay Mommy at Daddy para halikan sila sa pisngi. Tumingin sa akin si Gab saka ngumiti.

Fuck that smile!

I plucked the strands of hair to the back of my ear because some of them were covering my 'GORGEOUS' face.

His smile was a whisper, telling me that I should trust Gabriel, telling me that he will not hurt me, telling me that he... he's the one. And I believe that. I'd prefer him saying all of these things to me, but maybe in the future. As long as he's mine now, nothing else would matter to me.