Dare 26

CHAPTER 26

MONICA

"MOM, I trust your style and opinions when it comes to fashion, but please. Hindi ko pinangarap maging chandelier." I smiled at Mommy sarcastically at the mirror when she was about to put another diamond necklace.

Imbes na ako ang kabahan sa date, si Mommy ang nagpa-panic. As if she was the one who will go. But I must admit, I'm kinda nervous inside. What if he doesn't want the dress I'm wearing? Or he doesn't like me wearing jewelries and make-up?

Hindi ko naman kasi alam ang tipo niya. Ang alam ko lang na gusto niya ang mambabae.

With that thought I felt a slight pain on my chest. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. Ako din lang ang gumagawa ng dahilan kung bakit ako nasasaktan.

I was flown away by my thoughts when Daddy entered, holding a long and velvet black box. He smiled at me at the mirror. He opened the box and a very unique necklace was lying on inside the box.

Simple lang ang necklace, silver necklace with diamonds and maliit lang ang pendant. I don't know what flower was on the pendant, but it was most of the books cliche lines; simply elegant. Like a woman I've never met before.

Dalawang magkaibang bulaklak na naidikit dahil sa stem nilang naka-knot. It is made with silver and diamonds, and I just can't stop looking at it.

"Wow." I said with amusement and gently touched the pendant. "It's beautiful." Naka-ngiti kong sabi at inangat ang tingin kay Daddy.

"A beautiful necklace for a grown-ass and fine woman." he murmured as he put the necklace. I gently touched its pendant and glanced at Daddy. Didn't know he's good with jewelries and such.

"I designed that. It's an early graduation gift." Sabi ni Daddy at inilagay sa likod ko lahat ng buhok kong nasa harap at tumatakip sa necklace.

"Thanks, Daddy." I smiled at him and hugged him. Nakita ko sa likod si Mommy na naka-ngiting nakatingin sa amin. I extended my arm to invite her and she immediately hugged us tighter. This is probably the reason why my friends always tells me that I'm an almost perfect woman. Because I'm in a family everyone could ask for.

Sabay-sabay kaming napatingin sa pintuan ng bumukas iyon at pumasok si Ate Meding. "Ser, pinapasok ko na po si ser Gab..."

"Ah, sige pakisabi sa kanya na bababa na si Monica." Daddy got out first to entertain the guest, probably. She tucked the strands of my hair behind my ears and we smiled at each other.

Pagkababa ko ay naka-upo na siya sa sofa at naka-ngiting nakikipag-usap kay Daddy. He then glanced at me and I saw his smile grew.

We bid goodbye to my parents and we both went to his Lambo. It was the same car we used. When he got in, I reached for my bag and took my cellphone out.

"May I?" He nodded and started maneuvering his car. I switched on a music to get away from the silence on the road.

'You're just too good to be true

I can't take my eyes off you

You'd be like heaven to touch

I wanna hold you so much'

This is one of my favorite songs. I would sometimes listen to this song while studying.

"At long last love has arrived

And I thank God I'm alive