Chapter 11- Tell Me Something

POV Ciara

I quicken my pace as I start to get closer and closer to the bridge. I rack through my brain in search for a reason I'm excited to come here.

I'm stuck between the idea of being thrilled to be out past midnight or that it was with Spot.

"Hey Princess, I thought I's told ya midnight?" a voice that could belong to Spot calls from the bridge.

"Oh yeah? Then what are you doing here Conlon?" I call back.

I glance around the empty streets. It's very dark except for the few street lamps that shine dim light on the concrete. It's surprisingly very quiet for the busy city of New York.

"Brooklyn's my territory, rememba? I's can go where eva I's want." he says crossing his arms.

I finally meet him on the bridge and he stands no more than a foot away me.

"Snyder came to the lodge house tonight looking for Jack. He saw his picture in the newspaper and came to look for him. I think he's trying to arrest him." I sigh leaning against the rail of the bridge.

"I's didn't ask ya ta come here ta talk business." he says flatly.

"So then why did you ask me to come then?"

"What's your name Princess?"

"Conlon, I told you before. I don't need to tell ya nothin." I scoff quoting myself from the other night.

He steps closer to me, inches away from my face. His blue eyes shine bright in the dim street lamp light hanging over us.

Every time he gets close to me like this, I swear my heart practically drops to stomach. Butterflies are flapping like crazy in my stomach. 

I feel light headed and my heartbeat quickens. I tighten my grip on the rail behind me.

"Let me remind yous cuz ya still don't seem ta get it. Yous in Brooklyn territory now. Ya do as I say." he whispers.

He sets his hands in between mine on the rail and leans close to me. Our chests are inches apart and his head slightly hoovers over mine.

I search his unreadable expression for what he is trying to do. Intimidate me? Scare me away?

Before I could think or say anything else, he crashes his lips onto mine and my eyes fall shut. My whole body feels limp in shock at what's happening. Spot Conlon is kissing me.

I somehow find the strength to remove my hands from the rail and wrap them around his neck. I pull him closer to me as I deepen our kiss. His hands find my waist and my body relaxes into his grip.

I pull away breathlessly and he stands with a smirk decorating his face.

"Listen, I know I's said we's in Brooklyn so ya gotta do what I say. But I's neva said nothin about you kissin me." he whispers still holding me.

"You didn't say I had to kiss you. I did that part on my own." I smile.

At this, Spot offers me a smile. Not a smug smile, or a teasing smirk, or his cocky grin. A smile.

"I don't usually do dis stuff, I's just wanted ta talk ta ya without everyone around." he says as we start to walk along the bridge.

"About what?"

"I don't know. You?"

"What do you mean me?" I arch my eyebrow slightly.

"Just tell me something about ya no one knows."

"Well, why do you wanna know?"

"Just tell me, Princess." he says impatiently.

"I asked you to stop calling me that last time." I huff.

"Yeah well there ain't much ta call ya since ya still won't tell me ya name." he says.

I don't have to look at him to hear the smirk in his voice.

"Fine. One thing you don't know about me is my name is Gutsy."

"Ok dat ain't fair. A lotta of people know dat."

"Well you don't." I smile.

He rolls his eye and gives me a playful nudge. We reach the end of the bridge and walk down to the docks where we take a seat on the ledge. 

Our legs dangle off the dock barely skimming the chilly waters.

"Spot?"

"Princess?"

"Why do you care to ask stuff about me? Why do you want to get to know me so bad." I ask.

He lets out a loud sigh and I bite my lip wondering if that was too straight forward.

"To be honest with ya, I's don't know. Yous just make me curious."

I could say the same thing about him.

"How come I told you my name and you still won't use it." I ask, a bit of annoyance evident in my tone.

"Dats cuz Gutsy don't fit ya poisanality. Yeah yous got a mouth and an attitude dats as powerful as a grenade, but it don't suit ya. Princess suits ya lot betta in me eyes."

If only you knew how I earned it.

"Yeah well I think Dot suits you a lot better too. I mean you're not as intimidating as you're said to be." I tease.

"Hey now. Take it easy. Or yous gonna be doin a lot more den grazing these waters with ya feet." he snaps.

I start to laugh at this threat. Spot doesn't hesitate to grip my two shoulders and jerk me forward. He doesn't let go, but I scream thinking that he's gonna.

"Spot! Spot! Stop, I can't swim!" I shout gripping the wood ledge tightly.

"Ha! There it is! Dats somethin not many people know about ya. Yous can't swim!" he yells triumphantly.

He really is sneaky, wow. Well played Conlon. Well played. 

But there's no way I would ever tell him that.

"Whatever. Listen, it's been fun scaring me half to death and all by almost drowning me. But, I have a long day tomorrow." I say standing up.

"Oh, admit it. Yous had fun!" Spot teases following me off the docks.

Again, true. But there was no way I'm admitting that.

"So, I'll see you around?" I say as we reach the end of the docks.

"Yeah. I'll see ya 'round. But before you go, I's gonna need somethin."

"Oh yeah? And what's that?" I sneer.

"A g'night kiss." 

"You're gonna need to try a lot harder than that." I call over my shoulder as I begin to walk away.

"Ok, ok. There's always a next time! One otha thing." he says pulling my wrist backwards. "Are ya goin to Medda's tomorrow?"

I have no idea who that is, what that is, or where that is. But I figure, the boys will probably mention something about it tomorrow.

"Yes. There's a chance a might be there." I add flirtatiously with a smile.

Spot nods and lets go off my wrist.

"G'night Princess."

"Goodnight Conlon."