Chapter 4: Capture and Rescue

(Edited)

======= Previously on The Rise of Night =======

She had always enjoyed hunting since she was a little girl. Her mom said that they were going to go to Olympus when they reached sixteen (AN: The mortal way of counting, meaning thirteen years later ) to be introduced to the other gods. They would also get their domains that day.

Hunting might be one of my domains, Artemis thought as she put her water bottle back into her backpack and pick up her bow once more. It was what she enjoys doing the most. She had no idea how right she was.

======= Now =======

Percy continued swimming around the shores of Delos, trying to locate the underwater cave he saw earlier in his mom's book.

He squinted as he looked into the distance of the ocean, spotting a tiny opening in the ocean walls.

"Found it!" He shouted as he swam in the cave. "Map? Nope. Map? Nope. Nope, nope, nope. Where is it?" Percy said aloud to himself. In his mom's book, he had read that there was a treasure map somewhere in this cave. Percy loved treasures, so he decided to take the chance and find it. He scoured the cave, looking for any hint of a treasure map.

"Got it!" He suddenly shouted, starling the fish around him. The fish all glared at him. "Sorry," He whispered as he continued swimming around in joy.

He swam out of the cave and toward the shore, climbing onto the beach. He saw three boats at the dock, hiding behind a rock as he watched about twenty men come out of each boat, all carrying a backpack.

Percy knew that he didn't need to worry about his house being discovered because his mom told him that they put mist around it. He laughed silently as he remembered the day.

======= Flashback =======

"Mom," Percy called out to his mother as he watched two men walk around Delos from their window. Artemis, Apollo, and Leto were with them that day.

Athena turned toward her son. "Yes?"

"Why can't the people see us?" Percy asked while Artemis tilted her head as well. She was about to ask the same thing.

"Well," Athena started, putting the book she was reading down, "We put mist around our house."

"What did I miss?" Apollo asked stupidly. Athena mentally facepalms and Leto laughed softly at her son's comment.

She turns to Poseidon, "Tell our son what the mist is."

Poseidon eagerly answers, for once, a topic he is good at. "Well, you guys know about mist, right? M-I-S-T?"

Percy, Artemis, and Apollo nodded. "Well, this mist is a magical kind of mist. It can make certain mortals, demigods, or even gods sometimes see things differently. It is mostly so that mortals can't see the truth of the godly world. So when we put a layer of mist around our house, mortals can't see us."

"Can you teach us how to do it?" Percy asked. Artemis nodded as well. Apollo and Percy started jumping up and down like a kid on a sugar rush as Poseidon nodded his head.

"Come on," Athena said as she led them to the backyard. "Let's start with something simple."

======= End Flashback =======

Percy saw one of the men silently slipping away from the other group, but didn't pay much attention to it. He looked at his map which was telling him to go west. That must have been where the treasure was. And it looks like it was in a cave, as well.