Chapter 6: A Day Together

AN: This chapter is a little short.

(Edited)

======= Previously on The Rise Of Night =======

"I'm pretty sure I heard concern coming from you," Artemis countered back with a smile.

"No, you did not hear anything," Apollo insists.

"I did."

"You are probably imagining it," Apollo said again.

"I did not!"

Their bickering continued on for the rest of the night until Leto finally made them go to sleep.

======= A Few Years Later =======

"Where are you, Arty?" Percy asked as he looked behind a tree. He sighed when he didn't see anyone. They were playing hide and seek near their house. Ever since that accident that almost happened, the parents had been a little overprotective. They knew they had to learn and let go soon, though.

Artemis giggled as Percy went past her. She jumped out of her hiding spot and gently tapped Percy's shoulder. "Tag! You're it!"

She then started running toward the other way at full speed. Percy quickly chased after her. Apollo thought that no one would know where he was when his sister literally crashed into him.

"Hey," Apollo complained. "Watch where you're going!"

"Tag!" Percy said as he tagged Apollo and ran away with Artemis close behind him.

"Come back here!" Apollo shouted. "That's not fair!"

They either didn't hear him or just ignored him as Apollo humphed and went back home.

======= Line Break =======

"Did you see his face when I tagged him?" Percy asked as he walked next to Artemis. They finally escaped from Apollo.

"I knew that would make him quiet," Artemis said with a smirk as they continued walking toward their secret place.

"Here we are," Percy said as he moved the leaves aside, showing a clearing with a small house built into the cave.

"What do you want to do today?" Artemis asked as she laid down on the ground and looked up at the sky. "Today is a clear day."

"We could go swimming!" Percy exclaimed.

Artemis laughed. "Are you ever thinking about things other than water?"

Percy pouted. "I think about other stuff."

"Like what?" Artemis countered. Percy thought for a second before almost slipping about his crush on his friend. He had always liked her. It's like she's a magnet and he is being pulled toward her. We are just friends, Percy thought. She would never love me back anyway.

"I think about y-" Percy cut himself off. "Yogurt. Yes, I think about yogurt."

Artemis gave Percy a weird look. "Who thinks about yogurt?"

"Me?" Percy said with uncertainty, making Artemis sure that her friend was lying. He must have been trying to say something else. Maybe you? Artemis thought but then shook her head to clear her thought. They were just friends, right? Besides, it is not like Percy would ever love her.

"Hey," Artemis asked suddenly, sitting up. "Are you sure I can go to the water? I am a daughter of Zeus, after all?"

"Well," Percy said with a smile. "My dad is Poseidon. He rules the ocean, and you are my friend, so he won't kill you."

"Okay, I guess," Artemis told Percy before standing up and holding up a hand for Percy to take. "Come on, if you want to go to the ocean, you'd better get your lazy butt off the ground before you are stuck here permanently."

Percy fake glared at her before they both burst out laughing. Percy took Artemis' hand. "Come on!"

======= Line Break =======

"I hate sharks," Artemis said as she walked into Percy's house. They were having dinner together today.

"They are really cute," Percy protested.

"How are they cute?" Artemis asked. "They tried to kill me!"

"Who tried to kill you, dear?" Leto asked when she heard her daughter talking about someone trying to kill her. Everyone was in the dining room, waiting for the two best friends.

"They were not trying to kill you," Percy protested again. "They were trying to play with you."

"Didn't look like that to me," Artemis mumbled under her breath.

"What was that?" Percy asked innocently.

"What is trying to kill you Artemis?" Leto asked again, getting impatient.

"Just some sharks," Leto glared at Poseidon. He held up his hands.

"I don't control what the sharks think!"

"They were only trying to play with you," Percy said again.

"No, they were-" she was cut off by Athena.

"We could go on like this forever. Let's eat before the food gets cold."

Everyone calmed down a bit after that.

Everyone calm down a bit after that. After dinner, they played some songs on the Xiphos, how many beans are in the amphora, and watched the stars on the beach.

These were good days. Little did they know, their peaceful life with never be peaceful after they went to Olympus. Everything would soon change.