Chapter 12: The Truth

(Edited)

======= Previously on The Rise of Night =======

"Come on," Athena said. "We haven't eaten together for a long time."

The family stayed together the whole day, enjoying their time together as a family. Little did they know, two goddesses were spying on them.

======= Now =======

Aphrodite was in her house when she felt a strange feeling, almost like there was a really unusual couple together. She had felt many weird couples over the decades, but this couple especially gave her a bad feeling in her gut.

The couple was... Athena and Poseidon?! Never in her entire life had she thought the two rivals would fall in love. Of course it was physically possible, but no way that she ever thought it would really happen.

With a curious mind, she went toward Poseidon's house, intending to find out the truth of their relationship. But outside, she met another goddess. It turned out Hera was spying on the unusual couple as well.

======= Line Break =======

Hera hadn't seen Percy in a while ever since he arrived at Olympus. Now, she sat in her throne next to Zeus, wondering who his parents were.

I could just ask him, Hera thought to herself. It's not like she had asked him before. Deciding that it was the best choice, she went out of the throne room in search of Percy.

She walked around Olympus but had no idea where Percy was. She just walked around aimlessly until she, blessed with a stroke of luck, saw Percy walking into Poseidon's house.

She didn't approach him right away, deciding to wait for him to come out. But she went and spied through the window when he didn't come out a few hours later.

What she saw surprised her greatly. Athena and Poseidon were both in there. Percy was there as well. They were talking and laughing like a happy family. Something that Hera wanted. She wanted a perfect family. A happy family.

"An unusual couple, aren't they?" A voice asked beside Hera, scaring the Hades out of her. She turned around and saw Aphrodite.

"What are you doing here?" Hera hissed softly at the love goddess. "You scared me!"

Aphrodite shrugged. "I felt an unusual love here, so I decided to check it out."

"Which couple?" Hera asked curiously. Aphrodite nodded her head in the direction of Athena and Poseidon.

"Them," she said before summoning a mirror and reapplying her makeup. Hera rolled her eyes before grabbing Aphrodite by the wrist and dragged her outside Poseidon's property.

"We should ask them about it," Hera said. "So we know if they actually are a couple."

"You don't trust me?" Aphrodite asked, hurt.

"Maybe," Hera said before knocking on Poseidon's door. Poseidon opened the door a second later.

"Hera! Aphrodite! What can I help you with?"

======= Line Break =======

Poseidon, Athena, and Percy were having dinner when the doorbell rang. "Who could it be?" Athena asked Poseidon. He shrugged, not expecting anyone.

He went out of the dining room and toward the front door. He opened the door, only to see Hera and Aphrodite. "Hera! Aphrodite! What can I help you with?"

"We want to know your relationship with Percy and Athena," Hera said. Aphrodite elbowed her.

"I already told you," Aphrodite said, clearly annoyed.

Poseidon didn't know what to do. He looked behind him to see Athena and Percy already standing in the hallway. What should I do? He mouthed to them.

His son shrugged, but Athena mouthed back, Just let them in.

Poseidon nodded before opening the door. "Come on in."

======= Line Break =======

"So, let me get this straight," Hera said as Athena and Poseidon finished explaining to them about how complicated their life was. "You and Poseidon had Percy because you two were drunk."

"Sure," Poseidon said. "You could say that."

"You never told me that," Percy said with a frown. "You told me I was made during a party."

"It's the half-truth," Aphrodite said. Percy shrugged.

"At least you told me now."

Athena hugged him tightly and Percy smiled. "So, you two are here because you want to know about our family relationship?"

"Kind of," Hera said. 

A smile lit up on Percy's face. "That's play Greeknopoly!" 

And that was how they found themselves at a table playing monopoly with Percy in the lead. His strategy? Buy everything he came across.

"$400, please," Percy said to his dad as he came across his property for the fifth time. Poseidon huffed before giving him $400. Athena had a smile on her face when Poseidon walked onto her property the next round after he paid $400 to Percy.

"That's $1,000 please," Athena said with a smirk. Athena was not the wisdom goddess for nothing. So far, it looked like she was tied with her son. Poseidon gave all of his money to Athena.

"Happy now?" he grumbled.

"Yes," Athena said as she counted the money. "Very."

It was now Hera's turn. And... she walked into the "go to jail" space. "Ugh!" she grumbled before sitting back in her chair. Her luck wasn't very good today after she found Percy. She had been in jail at least six times in a row!

"I think I am doing quite good," Aphrodite thought aloud.

"Don't jinx yourself," Poseidon grumbled and half glared at Athena again. It turned out Aphrodite did jinx herself. She walked right into Percy's property.

"$900!" Percy said happily. Aphrodite grumbled before paying him $900, leaving herself with only $100.

The night went on with them playing monopoly. In the end, it wouldn't surprise you that Athena won the round. Percy was in a close second and the rest, well, they were all broke.