Chapter 27: Going Home

AN: Sorry for not updating yesterday. I think it's safe to say that when I say I'll update one day, it will actually be one day late XD Anyways, I'll try to keep my promise this time and update on Monday. 

Hope you enjoy this chapter! We only have four more chapters left in this story, I can't believe how fast the story is ending! Now let's dive into the world of The Rise of Night!

======= Previously on The Rise of Night =======

"Pretty little head?" Michael deadpanned and Selyne shrugged. "Glad to see you care too."

He disappeared into a black mist as Selyne slumped down onto the ground, a bunch of emotions running through her veins.

======= Now =======

Michael touched his cheek, where Selyne kissed him and a smile made their way to his face again. He shook his head before he looked around Olympus, deciding where the right way to Athena's library is.

He crept around Olympus, looking for the library when he saw the throne room's door is slightly open. He took a deep breath before creeping closer to the room and listen in on what the Olympian's are saying.

"-they are telling the truth," Apollo complained.

"And how will you know?" Zeus demanded. Michael can see half of the council rolling their eyes as Apollo glared at his father.

"I am the God of truth," Apollo deadpanned. "I can tell when someone is lying or not."

"Oh, yeah," Zeus said sheepishly as Apollo rolled his eyes and slumped back to his throne.

"We should release them," Hermes said. The second that was said, Artemis and Athena protested at the same time.

"NO!" Artemis continued her sentence. "I will not that the other me out of that cell. Truth or not. She's crazy."

Apollo sighed again and no one noticed that he disappeared in bright light. Michael take that as the time to leave and continued his search for the library.

When he finally finds the library, it was noon already. He wondered how Selyne will felt right now. Would she be worry? He sneaked into the library swiftly. Michael sighed when he saw all the books on the shelves. It would be a long time.

======= Line Break =======

Selyne leaned back against the tree as she sorts through her thoughts. Thousands of thoughts ran through her brain. She keeps wondering about the reason she had kissed Michael, even if it's on the cheek.

She didn't know what made her do that. She sighed again. She thinks about her parent, her grandparent, all of her family members. And most importantly, she thinks about Michael. The boy confused her.

Selyne doesn't know in what light she should look at him. Should she hate him, should she like him? She let out a frustrated sighed before she summons her bow and used her power to creates an archery range.

She started shooting arrows to get her mind off Michael. She shoots arrow after arrow, all hitting the target with accuracy. Time passed quickly, and Selyne became more and more worried when Michael still hasn't returned.

"Where is that stupid boy?" Selyne whispered to herself. Two hands covered her eyes and Selyne yelped out in surprise. She heard someone chuckled behind her.

"MICHAEL!" She shouted before she chased after him. He was surprisingly fast and in the en, Selyne jumped on top of him, stopping him in his track. "Don't you dare scare me like that again."