Chapter 10: Forgiveness

(Edited)

======= Previously on The Rise of Night =======

Percy cut her off. "I can't do this now. Not after what you have put me through. I'm sorry."

Artemis hung her head as she walked out of Percy's tent. She tried to keep her tears at bay, it wasn't working. A few tears escaped her eyes, making their way to the ground. As she fell asleep that night, she felt like the worst friend in the history of worst friends. It was her own fault that Percy wouldn't talk to her. And she planned on making Percy forgive her.

======= Now =======

Percy stayed in the hunter's camp even after Artemis tried to apologize to him. He knew he could forgive her, but not so soon. He didn't want to be broken again by Artemis. He remembered how Artemis promised to never leave him, and how they would be best friends for the rest of their life, how they would never leave each other out. Guess those promises weren't that easy to keep, Percy thought to himself as he walked around the hunter's camp, doing his best to avoid Artemis. Now he mostly talked to the hunters, but not Artemis.

Artemis walked around the hunter's camp as well, trying to find Percy. She knew he was avoiding her, but she still wanted to apologize. She suddenly bumped into the exact person she was thinking about.

"I'm so sorry," Percy said before holding out his hand to help pull Artemis up. He may not have liked Artemis at the moment, but he was still a gentleman.

"It's fine," Artemis mumbled.

"Hey, guys!" Apollo said cheerfully as he flashed into the hunter's camp and walked into his sister's camp. "Guess what?"

He saw Percy and Artemis standing there, looking into each other's eyes. He cleared his throat. They both quickly jumped back, blushing hard and standing as far away as each other as possible.

"What?" Percy asked weakly, though you could see excitement in his eyes.

"I found a way we could kill Orion!" Well, Apollo didn't say that out loud. He said that in his head. He knew that Artemis didn't want to kill him, he had been nice to her. So, he made a plan with Percy.

They would trick her.

"We could have an archery competition!" Apollo said out loud instead. Artemis rolled her eyes and sighed, standing up.

"I guess we could do that," she said. "Where and when?"

"Now," Apollo stated. "And I will take you there."

Artemis nodded before calling out to Zoë. "Zoë!"

"Yes, milady?" Zoë asked, coming toward Artemis.

"You are in charge till I get back," Artemis ordered Zoë. Zoë smiled.

"Of course!"

Artemis nodded her thanks before following Apollo up his sun chariot. Percy soon followed behind her. They were both trying to sit as far away as they could each other, both having no idea what they were feeling.

======= Line Break =======

"So," Artemis asked. "Where is the target?"

She felt kind of wary of Apollo right now. She had no idea why Apollo would come to her camp in the middle of the day to ask her for an archery competition. Even weirder, Percy came with them for some reason.

Apollo looked around before pointing to a thing that looked like a rock in the water. "That is the target. Care to go first, lil' sis?"

"I'm older!" Artemis shouted.