Chapter 9: Left Out

(Edited)

======= Previously on The Rise of Night =======

Percy visited the hunt often and the hunters saw him as an older brother. His relationship with Artemis was getting even better and they were always together, until Orion, that is.

======= Now =======

To say Orion was not on Percy's number one fan-list was an understatement. He hated him with passion. Everytime he was around the hunters, he had a smile so fake Percy just wanted to smack it off his face. He sees the real self of Orion.

Percy doesn't know how Artemis didn't see this. She is just too blind to all of this. Ever since Orion came along, Artemis has been more distant toward him.

He hates Orion only grows when he comes back with Artemis one day and Artemis declared that Orion is now her boyfriend. He still remembers that day like it was yesterday, it was the day his heart broke into a million pieces. His childhood best friend and crush, stole away by a rapist. Percy thought Artemis hated rapists ever since what happened all those years ago, Percy guesses he is wrong.

======= Flashback =======

"Artemis," Percy called out to his friend as she got ready for a "hunting trip". One that he did not approve of at all. Apollo didn't approve of it either. They both tried their best to tell Artemis that Orion should not be trusted but she wouldn't listen!

"What?" Artemis said, annoyed. She had a da- she meant hunting trip. She had been secretly dating Orion for a few months now, and he was the nicest person she had ever met. She didn't get why her brother and best friend were going on about the Orion nonsense. If Percy was even her best friend now. He hadn't been an understanding best friend at all. Orion could be her best friend now.

"You need to listen," Percy said, trying to tell his best friend again. "Orion-"

"STOP!" Artemis shouted."Stop with this Orion nonsense. If you don't like him, it is your business, not mine. He is the nicest person I have ever met. So if you don't like him, you could get out of my sight, because how many times have I told, you he is innocent!"

Percy felt a pang of his heart when he heard those words. He didn't say anything, just did as Artemis asked and got out of her sight. He left her tent and went back to his. He entered, but not before seeing Artemis come out in her hunting clothes and her hair done, her bow on her back.

======= Still Flashback =======

Artemis felt a pang in her heart when she saw Percy walk away from her tent. She didn't know why he thought Orion lied to her, but if Percy was not being a good best friend, Artemis had no reason to be a good best friend to him either.

She still felt a pang in her heart, though. She thought Percy would stick around with her, support her. Artemis guessed not everyone remains friends with their childhood friend. (AN: Not true. I am still friends with my childhood friends!)

She ignored him for now and put him in the back of her mind. She walked out of her tent to the border of her hunter's camp. Orion was there, waiting for her.

"Hi," Artemis said, blushing slightly when Orion gave her a quick peck on her cheek. "Where are we going today?"

"I was thinking of an actual hunting trip," Orion said. Artemis smiled and nodded. Another thing about Orion, he could actually hunt! Not that she minded if Percy couldn't hunt. He is- actually, was a good best friend. She shook her head to clear her thoughts.