Chapter 7: Parents Need Their Alone Time

(Edited)

======= Previously on The Rise of Night =======

Everyone calmed down a bit after that. After dinner, they played some party games, watched some movies, and ended up having a sleepover.

These were good days. Little did they know, their peaceful life would never be peaceful again after they went to Olympus. Everything would soon change.

======= On Olympus =======

Athena walked around Olympus, enjoying the peace and quiet. It was one of those days where Leto decided that she could take care of Percy for her and Poseidon and they didn't split their bodies. Poseidon was off doing who knows what.

Athena would say that their relationship got a little better over lots of time, but it was still a little rocky. They still fought, but not nearly as much as before,and it was mostly just over little things.

Suddenly, she felt something distracting in her temple in the mortal world. She quickly made her way to a bench around Olympus before sitting down and closing her eyes, wondering what was happening there.

She saw Poseidon in her temple, doing- well, let's keep it PG here, and say he was having you-know-what with a beautiful girl. Looking at them made Athena jealous as an ugly feeling built up inside her. She knows that Poseidon sometimes had demigods with mortals, but did he have to disrespect her and do that in her temple? She is a maiden goddess- scratch that, she was a maiden goddess.

She closed her eyes once more and did her magic. The girl's hair turned into snakes and her eyes, they could turn anyone into stone if they looked at them directly. She could never look at a mirror again seeing that she could turn herself into stone as well.

Poseidon seemed to just notice that he was kissing a snake lady and shouted, "Mouth wash! Mouth wash!" before flashing away.

Athena opened her eyes, only to be met with the angry eyes of Poseidon. She glared at him and dragged him by the ear to her temple. No one on Olympus even gave them a weird look. This was considered normal on Olympus,they even saw weirder stuff. Like that one time Ares was running around with his underwear pretending to be a baby...that was a weird day for everyone.

Athena banged the door shut the moment she stormed into her house while dragging Poseidon after her. She turned to him finally after they got to the living room. "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?"

"Well... I don't remember-" Poseidon was about to say something when Athena exploded at Poseidon again.

"BRING A GIRL TO MY TEMPLE TO DISRESPECT ME?"

"I don't-" Poseidon tried to say, but Athena cut him off again.

"I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU LOVED ME!" Athena said. Then she quietly added, "Don't you?"

Athena sighed and shook her head before dragging Poseidon outside her house. "Out! And don't come back until you know what you did wrong!"

"But I-" Poseidon was cut off by a door slamming into his face.

======= Line Break =======

Poseidon didn't know what happened. One second, he was in a restaurant where a waiter was serving him water, and the next second he was in Athena's temple, being shouted at by her.

He didn't remember bringing any girl into Athena's temple, much less do anything with that girl. He wracked his brain, trying to remember, but he came up blank.