Chapter 8: The Olympian

AN: You readers on Wattpad only got 11  vote! Better luck next time though. I am still gonna post this chapter though because I am a nice person 😂 Do you guys think I should do this for every cliffhanger I do?

If you have a fanfiction account, well, you might want to log in to that account and read chapter 8 there! There is a "Reward"for my readers on fanfiction because they  got 16 reviews!

(Edited)

======= Previously on The Rise of Night =======

Hephaestus looked confused. "I thought you said you had twins?"

Before Zeus could answer the question, Hera gasped. "Percy?"

======= Now =======

Everyone turned to the Queen of Olympus, wondering how she knew that boy. Athena and Poseidon looked surprised as well. What did Hera know about their son?

Percy looked over to who called his name and was surprised when he saw Hera. He remembered how they first met on Delos.

======= Flashback =======

Percy was skipping down the beach when he saw a woman laying on the ground. Being the good person that he was and was taught to be, he went over to her. Percy saw a woman with chocolate brown hair and warm brown eyes as the woman finally opened them.

"Who are you?" Percy asked the woman. She looked startled, as if she didn't expect to see a boy on the beach.

The woman was Hera, and she was startled. She knew that Leto gave birth to twins because she was the goddess of family, able to sense when a woman is going to give birth, but she didn't expect to be found by one of the twins.

"Is your mother Leto?" Hera asked the boy. The boy looked confused for a second before shaking his head.

"No, my friends Artemis' and Apollo's mom is Leto though," the boy said thoughtfully. Then Hera saw his sea-greenish grey eyes. "Are you looking for Leto? I could take you to them."

"No, it's fine," Hera said. She studied the boy, "What's your name."

"Perseus," he said. Hera had a distant look in her eyes as she remembered the hero Perseus. "But don't call me that name. Only my mom calls me that name. And she only calls me that when she is mad. Call me Percy."

Hera chuckled. "So, Percy, what are you doing here?"

"Well, I was just taking a walk on the beach," the boy now known as Percy said. Then he suddenly turned to Hera. "You still haven't told me your name."

"Hera," Hera said simply. The boy seemed to turn pale a bit.

"Oh," he said softly. Hera wondered what the boy thought of her. Maybe the boy thought she was a villain or something. He then looked at the sun. "Look at the time, got to go," he said before disappearing.

======= Still in the flashback =======

"Hera?" Percy asked when he saw the same woman again at the shore of the beach. "What are you doing here?"

"Can't I be here?" Hera asked. Percy laughed softly before sitting down next to her and asking her a question she would rather not answer.

"Why did you curse Leto?" He asked as sea-greenish grey eyes sparkled with curiosity. Sometimes Hera wondered who this boy's parents were.