Chapter 26: What The Hades!?

AN: Hello guys! I'm back. Does anyone want to know the reason of me not updating yesterday? Well, here's my excuse. I wrote a super, duper, longer than the necessary chapter. So, I hope you enjoy it! 

The next update will be on Thursday (Probably, if I don't have a too-long chapter) and make sure to favorite, follow, and leave a review/comment!

======= Previously on The Rise of Night =======

Artemis smiled before they parted and she held out her hand. "Now, let's teach your sister archery before Percy's skills spread to her as well."

Zoë laughed as they walked toward Selyne and Percy. For the first time since she joined the hunt, she finally feels like she is home and that she had a family again.

======= Now =======

Selyne fell asleep the second her head hits the pillow that night. It was a long and tiring day for Selyne, talking to hunter after hunter. Everyone wants to know her. 

She smiled in her sleep and Artemis and Percy smiled as well when they watched their daughter. They both kissed her goodnight before leaving the room, closing the light as they did so.

Selyne opened her eyes, only to be met with a bright light. She closed her eyes and wondered aloud. "Where am I?"

"You are everywhere and nowhere," three voices said in harmony, causing Selyne to turned around. She bites back a scream when she saw three old ladies standing there. The fates as her parents have told her.

"Never anger them or they will make your life a living hell," they had advice her.

"What am I doing here?" Selyne asked politely with a small smile.

"Afraid aren't you?" The middle sister asked, walking toward Selyne as she did so. 

"Being frighten won't solve your problem," The sister on the left stated, touching Selyne softly on the cheek. Surprisingly, their hand was soft and warm, so unlike how they look.

"What problem?" Selyne asked, only becoming more and more frighten. There was no answer.

"What problem?" She asked again, louder this time. "What problem do I have to face."

The fates didn't answer the girl, only talking in harmony again. "The stormy sky bellow in rage,

The oath of the internal virgin must change.

Aided by wisdom, love, and war,

A child she shall bear.

The lady of night shall plot his doom,

But aided by the heart, he should fend off all gloom."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Selyne asked worriedly. The fates didn't answer her for a while until they spoke again.

"That is a prophecy. The prophecy that determined the future. Your family has an important role to play."

"I have a lot of family members," Selyne replied. "Which one?"

"We can not say," the fates said. "But we are going to give you your domains early."

"Now?" Selyne asked, uncertain.

"Yes, now," the middle sister responded before they said in harmony again. "Selyne, daughter of Perseus and Artemis, goddess of natural beauty, loyalty, hunt, and stars."