Pilot

Pilot
~

help
/help/

noun: help
exclamation: help

1.
make it easier for (someone) to do something by offering one's services or resources.
3.
cannot or could not avoid.

🔥🔥🔥

"Kai come in here!" My mom, Atzi, yelled for me from outside. Sounding like she was in a hurry.

"What's up mom?" I studied her worried expression as I knew it was something serious. She's sat out by the fountain outside. I walked up to her carefully.

"Kai please sit." I followed her order and took my place beside her. "Admiral Zhao has sent out an order for one member of each family to join his crew. I hate to ask you to go but your brother Anakin is only a boy and your father is too old." I studied her worried expression.

"I will fight for my nation mom. When do I leave?" I tried to keep a strong face. She seemed I bit relieved there I wasn't mad or hurt that she'd asked that of me.

"In two days."

I felt my heart sink. So soon? "Can I go to the festival tonight mom?"

"Of course my love." She kissed my check and I left.

I ran inside and quickly got dressed (picture at top of page) in what I normally wear. It was getting late so I started heading out.

🔥🔥🔥

I make into town and slowly start making my way around.

"Come here little lady. Do you think you are stronger than these men?"

I looked over at a man standing with stronger and bigger guys compared to myself. "What are the rules?"

"Simple. Each of you get one straw dummy to destroy and whoever looks more flashy and destructive gets a stuffed dragon." The guy speaking was so nice a cheery.

I handed him some coins and stepped on the platform. People started to gather around as the first guy took his turn punching the air and making a huge fire the next guy did the same but his flame was smaller earning some boos. Then the next guy, nothing special, kicked fire out towards the straw dummy.

Now me. I took a step back, closed my fist then pointed out my pointer and middle finger. I let a small blue flame exit my fingers and jumped forward getting my fingers close to the ground and my small blue flame dragged against the wood platform. Quickly my flame turned into lightening and I shot it harshly at the straw dummy. The crowd cheered and the man handed me a large stuffed dragon.

"Wow little lady. Everyone give it up for the white haired lady!" He got close to me so no one heard, " what's your name miss?"

"Kai."

"Give it up for kai!" His loud words causing people to cheer. The guys on stage all patted my back with praise.

"Where are we gonna get masks like that?" I looked over to lock eyes with a teenager with a wolf tail. He blushed quickly before some guy at a mask stand distracted him. I brushed it off and kept walking with my mask in my hand. I didn't feel like wearing it.

A guy on a stage started doing fire tricks so I went to watch. Suddenly the guy from earlier stood beside me. I don't think he noticed just yet.

"Thank you! For my next trick, I need a volunteer from the audience!" The man on stage spoke loudly waiting for someone to come up.

"Ooh, ooh! Me, me!" A bald kid with pony tail guy spoke. Pony tail guy scolded him but I didn't hear what he said.

The man pointed to the girl with them. "How about you little lady?!" She started backing up and the man boomed "oh, she's shy! Let's give her some encouragement folks!" He pulled her on stage as the bald kid pouted.

"This next trick is called taming the dragon!" He spoke to her quietly in her ear then tied a cloth around her body. The man proceeded to make a dragon made of fire then pretended to tame it.

Even though she was perfectly safe the bald kid decided to intervene and get rid of the dragon.

But how? Oh my god! He's an air bender!

"Your that girl from earlier!" Pony tail guy decided to talk to me just realizing I was standing beside him this whole time.

"Yea. I'm kai. Nice to meet you!"

He gave me a smile as we laughed at his friends on stage.

"Im Sokka!" He kind of seemed like he was intimidated by me. Or that fact that I was a girl at least.

"That doesn't sound like a fire nation name."

He started to panicked but before he could come up with an excuse, he and his friends were running away from guards.

🔥🔥🔥

The rest of the night was kind of boring since I was by myself. I knew when I got home I would have to pack up. Who knew what my life had in store once I left to serve admiral Zhao. I didn't want to in all honesty but my brother is 6 and my dad is old and cripple. My parents had us late in life. Once my brother Anakin was born my dad got into an accident with earth benders and they almost crushed his leg. He healed but not enough to where he's back to his old self. My mom has a lot of work to do so I understand why it has to be me. There's no other choice...

🌊🌬🌊

"Sokka, who was that girl you were talking to?"

"Oh uh, well her name was Kai. She was beautiful Aang wasn't she?" My head fell back at the memory. Katara and Aang looked at me all crazy like. "Don't give me that look. Didn't you see her? Her hair was snow white and her skin was like sweet, sweet honey. Eyes like the greenest forest." I swear they could see the hearts literally popping out of my head like a cartoon.

They busted out laughing at the fact that I was completely fawning over her.

"Aw someone's in looooove." Katara teased.

"Haha." I started with as much sarcasm as I could. "No. I'll probably never see her again. You can't like someone you don't know."

"Wow Sokka I don't think I've ever heard you say anything that wasn't dumb."

"Shut up Aang!"

We all shared some laughs as we made our way to Jon Jon.

🔥🔥🔥

"Honey did you get your bag packed?"

"Yes mom." She went to walk off but I stopped her. "Mom I'm scared."

Turning to me she pulled me into a hug. "I know my love. I will always be with you." She gave me the best smile She could muster and left my room.

In the morning I knew I would have to leave. I wanted to make sure that I had my goodbyes in order before I left. I didn't know if I would be returning.

🔥🔥🔥

"Anakin are you awake?" I walked into his room and saw him looking out the window. "Hey buddy. Can I talk to you?"

"Mom told me your leaving. Where are you going?"

"...To fight for our nation."

"Are you coming back?"

My heart was heavy. This is my home and I didn't know if I'd ever be able to come back. People would be attacking me with the mind set of killing me.

"I don't know."

"Please come home soon."

He ran into my arms crying and we sat in the window seat in his room. Crying and looking out at the stars.

"Please try to come home. For me."

"I will buddy. I'll try my hardest."

He fell asleep in my arms and I moved him to my bed then went to my bed. I didn't sleep much that night. I was stressed for what tomorrow would bring.

(Please vote)