Act 49: Let's make it official ... our Falcon love

Azure, 36 ABY

A single ray of sunshine escaped through the closed curtains and invaded the darkened room. It suddenly hit across the face of Ben Solo; he lazily swatted at it before rolling over. The sun had accomplished its mission, and awoke Ben; there was no way he was going back to sleep now. Ben stretched and sat up.

He dragged himself out of bed, pulling his black shirt over his head while he walked to the balcony. He wore his shirt leaned against the stone railing and gazed at the open city under him. They had arrived in Azure a few days ago to repair the Falcon. It had been a ten-day journey to reach this part of the galaxy.

Azure was an astronomical object located in the Mid Rim of the galaxy. It was positioned at the coordinates P-8 on the Standard Galactic Grid. In between, Azure's Zero Colony was used as the main base for spacecraft to get resources. It offered to rest in gigantic hotels, gamble in the smaller casino, or simply have a drink or meal in the main city. The life there was not affected by the war, and those who lived there were in peace and harmony.

Ben shifted a yawn; these few days they spent in Azure, he had slept most of the time and rested enough. To repair the Falcon, would take days and cost a lot; Ben paid for the repairs and rented a room for each group to rest. He had met at dinner time and ate dinner with them.

Ben's bare feet were getting cold against the balcony's stone floor of the comfortable suit he had rented. It has been a year or maybe two; he managed to live in such coziness. It was like he was on vacation for the first time in his life.

Ben felt the Force around him stronger as the silence grew around him; his eyes spread wide open as he looked around and suddenly noted a shimmering blue form appearing. At first, he thought it would be Anakin; he used to show up randomly like that these days and talk with him. "It's you?" he snapped as Ben figured out who the figure was. "After all this time, you decided now to show up?"

"Still wearing Black?" Luke mocked him as he stepped next to him, gazing at the open city. "I told you, kid, if you strike me down, I would be with you forever."

Ben dropped his gaze at his attire. It was black indeed, but so much different than the one he used to wear as Kylo Ren. "I never stroke you down, Luke," Ben outlined. "I fought with your projection! What do you want?"

Luke leaned against the stone railing and turned to gaze at Ben. "You have changed! You listen now! Ben Solo!" he said with a calm tone at a low pace.

"I suggest you tell me what you want and leave," Ben responded, refusing to look at Luke. It had been a long time since the teacher and an apprentice met or even talked.

"You are still angry with me?" Luke questioned his tone a bit higher than before. "I sensed the darkness in you, Ben, raw strength like no other, Leia sensed it too. And we only wanted to save you, son, before it would happen again."

Luke's words hung in the air a few moments before Ben responded. Anakin had already revealed to him the real reason why Luke acted so unfairly, and Ben had already forgiven him. Strangely, he understood his uncle now, "You believed I would act as your son, and tried to seal the darkness inside me, repair me. You were wrong! I am not your son, and that raw power inside me wasn't dark in the beginning. It changed later with Snoke..." Ben started to explain but paused, "It's too late now; what's done is done. What do you want?"

"I was wrong, and I failed you, and your mother," Luke admitted, "The grief had won me over, and I lost my faith in the Force, and in you. I believed you were a lost hope even before you were born. That's what grief can do to a person. Ben, the suffering and all the pain you hold in can do the same to you. You have to heal son, step forward, don't forget the past, but don't live in it."