Act 52: Imperial Palace:: Confronting Knights of Ren and Dark Rey

Disclaimers: All rights reserved of the original "Star Wars" Characters, Names, Places, etc to George Lucas / Disney. I pledge to return all characters after the story is complete.

Warning: Major Spoilers of TRoS.

Note: This is a Reylo FanFiction (slow-burn)

Be Aware: Concepts contained in this chapter include a semi-bleeding scene and some violence.

「Act 52: Imperial Palace

Confronting Knights of Ren and Dark Rey

Imperial Palace, Galactic City, Coruscant 37ABY

Another harsh sound and thrilling cries rang around them. Feet were coming towards them, and the blackness around them got dimmer before it would get brighter. Glamdring shone with pale light and was more optimistic at the edges. "Wait," Ben warned them, and a second later, his voice came loud and reliable "Now!" Next, his lightsaber followed as he struck first.

Ben stepped forward and thrust his lightsaber; there was a dazzling flash as his lightsaber collided with a metallic weapon, the area lit around him, and he noted in front of him one of the Knights with his spear ready to strike him down. Ben leaped back, avoiding the hit. Soon the rest of the Knights of Ren made their presence known, and a few more guards of the old order of the Sith revealed themselves.

A moment later the Knights were on them, blades whirling and whining. Ben fell backward, bumping into Rey's back. Her lightsaber rose and met his, wheeling in sweeps as the Knights came at him and Ben from a bewildering variety of angles. Rey shifted her feet; her lightsaber struck the first Knight's arm as he tried to split open her skull. She expected the lightsaber to cleave the weapon apart, but it merely blocked the blow, and the impact sent painful vibrations shooting up her arms and into her shoulders.

Reaching for cover behind collapsed stone walls, Poe, Finn, and Chewie found shelter, and the droids followed them; they took stock of their surroundings, getting ready their blaster to fire at the guards. Taking cover, Poe and Chewbacca returned fire. No one noticed the rest of the guards who had come up behind them, except Finn. Charging, he surprised one guard with his blaster, then another.

Rey fell back and dodged the segmented whip of another Knight. She could hear Ben's lightsaber spitting and crackling behind her and his grunts of effort. The first Knight aimed a slash at her knees, which she turned her block into an arcing slash at his face. It nicked the brim of his helmet, and he stumbled away, regarding her with newfound respect. She dodged again as she sensed another Knight aiming a windmill kick at her face. "They are too strong," Rey said as suddenly one of the Knights brought his weapon to hit her left side; she was fast enough and blocked with the Force sending him to hit the nearest wall.

There were too many attacks to keep track of, but Ben counted that the Knights of Ren were ten. It would take a lot of effort and time to win them. "There is no escape," Ben uttered, "We have to fight them!" Another Knight rushed at him with a double-bladed staff, and he brought his lightsaber crashing down on its middle, once more approached, it seemed that the Knights were now after Ben. He shifted his feet to redistribute his weight, then brought his lightsaber up in a blur, knocking aside a vicious thrust from a humming voulge and sending the next one crushing against the wall as well.