Act 53: Imperial Palace:: The Sith's Soulstone

Disclaimers: All rights reserved of the original "Star Wars" Characters, Names, Places, etc to George Lucas / Disney. I pledge to return all characters after the story is complete.

Warning: Major Spoilers of TRoS.

Note: This is a Reylo FanFiction (slow-burn)

「Act 53: Imperial Palace

「The Sith's Soulstone

Imperial Palace, Galactic City, Coruscant 37ABY

"Don't touch the stone," shouted Ben. "We cannot touch it; let us look around. We might find any instructions on how to take this new devilry." Everyone stepped back, with their gaze still pinned against the Black Stone.

Unfamiliar voices in Sith language filled the wreck chamber, which correctly was Palpatine's secret temple; those voices ringed the Sith's Soulstone. Their drowsiness faded away as the voices got more vigorous as they approached closer to the Sith's Soulstone. This did not feel right. Ben and Rey felt the force bent around it, pressing around it but never through it. Something felt altogether strange. 'Don't panic,' Ben's thoughts echoed into her mind, 'there has to be an explanation for this. There is always a logical solution, and together we will figure it out.'

Closer and closer they came and with them the alertness that they couldn't touch the Sith's Soulstone. Rey was the one who had found the Emperor's Temple on one of the outings, as she went after Dark Rey. Ben was disappointed and a bit angry with her for going after Dark Rey alone without informing him, but he hadn't said anything; they had found the Black stone. There, it was almost guaranteed they would find information about the Sith's Soulstone and maybe how they could take it with them.

For decades and more, the Temple of the Sith had remained a place of quiet, forgotten in time, only for Palpatine to use. It was a place of learning and worship, a temple offering many secrets of the Sith. In a way, a haven for Palpatine could connect with the previous Sith and set his plans into action. It was overcome by nightmarish noises, dark hounds, and unknown stalking in the years to come. Those ancient walls seemed inhabited by shadows forgotten through time. But that time was already over, as the Temple had once again lapsed into the silence. Like the Imperial Palace, it fell to its ruins; most of the secrets had been not only forgotten but vanished.

The only thing standing was the Sith's Soulstone and a few ancient wooden trunks that were spread around and locked. The silence was now their ally as they spread around the Temple, searching for any information they could. The time was pressing, but this was their mission. They had to figure out the truth behind this Sith's Soulstone and what its purpose was. Why was it so crucial to Dark Rey and her master? Why did Palpatine never use it?

The sounds grew around them, a thunderclap that was followed by bewildering, blinding images. Ben's felt a flame spring and hunt him. He knew he only imagined it. He accepted the feeling, denied through the power over him, the darkness that the Sith's Soulstone freely offered seemed like a trap. A will that had been silent by the Sith, trying to awaken once more.

However, a familiar sense of warmth and belonging reached out to him, it was endless, and there he felt his connections with Rey, like a shield protecting him. Rey felt it too, the same warmth and belonging, keeping her safe from the darkness that the Sith's Soulstone attempted to seduce them with.

Ben was more confident now; he stretched out, touching the strange energy surrounding the Stone, his awareness slipping lightly through the room and towards one particular chest. Rey found it too instantly, burning so brightly like it was calling them there. Nothing was meaningless when it involved the force. That chest was calling out to them, a dim awareness over the Force.