Act 57: First day in Eanor

Disclaimers: All rights reserved of the original "Star Wars" Characters, Names, Places, etc to George Lucas / Disney. I pledge to return all characters after the story is complete.

Warning: Major Spoilers of TRoS.

Note: This is a Reylo FanFiction (slow-burn)

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay. My daily schedule is busy again, and I might not update as frequently. But I'll try my best to keep writing, until completing the story.

「Act 57: First day in Eanor

North Unknown Regions, Eanor, 37 ABY

The day was young; the party trekked south of the forest through Deep Valley's land on turbulent waters. To their left, the ridge rose sharply. Ben, who was walking first in line, noted, "We must hold this course west." Ben handed back the map Rey had given him from Luke's texts. How and why those old scripts held information about Eanor, the coven of Terror, and undo the Sith's Soulstone; was a question no one could answer.

Hux complained, appearing behind Ben. Hux was still wondering why he agreed to take part in this mission. He gazed out before him with a strange confusion in his eyes. Ben informed him, recalling all the details 3-CPO had translated from the old scripts.

Rose approached the purple carrier droid, a large unit where all their belongings were stored, and started counting and mumbling to herself, "That would last us for three... maybe four days." They should have taken more supplies before they left the Falcon.

"Where are we going? They didn't answer us that?" C-3PO said as he showed up next to Rose, "This mission sounds dangerous..."

Rey hiked for a while last on the line behind Rose and C-3PO with unseeing eyes as if visiting in a distant memory or listening to sounds she had forgotten for a time. The days she spent in Ajan Kloss had her already taste a different world from the one she grew up in. She was surprised with herself, but not relieved. Because this forest that seemed filled with life and green was leading them to darker parts of Eanor.

"That is the least of our problems." came Poe's voice as he paused next to Rose tapping her shoulders and leaning to face her. "We should get going." He tapped her right shoulder one more time and bypassed her.

Ben looked upon his shoulders as the group was following behind him. They would not hurry unnecessarily; they were nonetheless nimble and deft in their movements. There they were taking part in something that was beyond their limit. All just following, to destroy the black stone, to a suicide mission. Never in his mortal life had he come to cross such an act. He had seen Rey, his parents, and some of the Resistance fight against him -when he was Kylo Ren-, the First Order and Final Order. But he was never part of a group that had a mission to save the galaxy.

The First Order was following out of fear or greed. Indeed Greed. Most of Snoke's men were following out of Greed, and few out of fear. As for the stormtroopers, they were taken from their families at a young age. They were committed to the cause because they didn't know any better. Even those who knew what they were doing, from Ben to the Knights of Ren, were under the impression they would succeed in their goals through the darkness and their malicious acts.

Kylo Ren, as part of Snoke's forces, was not any different. He didn't yearn for riches or power. He just wanted to stand his ground and unite the galaxy. True, he liked control, but a different kind of power. Unlike the power that Luke showed him, separate from the one that Snoke wanted him to follow. Kylo Ren always thought that neither the Jedi nor the Sith were right.