Act 64: Coven Terror:: Last Duels

Disclaimers: All rights reserved of the original "Star Wars" Characters, Names, Places, etc to George Lucas / Disney. I pledge to return all characters after the story is complete.

Warning: Major Spoilers of TRoS.

Note: This is a Reylo FanFiction (slow-burn)

「Coven Terror

「Act 64: Last Duels

Coven of Terror, Eanor, 37 ABY

It surrounded everything. It ate up everything in its path. It did not give any mercy as it would destroy them. An Ancient Matter rose, protecting the taller figure in front of them. And then there was darkness. Darkness suffocated their bodies like a damp, musty, thick blanket, clinging to every inch of their skin. That Ancient Matter engulfed their thoughts. It was stretching out in front of them like a map, studying their fears, courage, and knowledge. If that were the darkness that the enemy wished to unleash against the Galaxy, it would bring every living thing to its doom.

Interpreting visions of the future was a dangerous game. Whether Jedi, Sith, or some other sect less celebrated by history, all those who used the Force to explore possible timelines kept that uppermost in their minds. Delkor tried to read through time, to find out what the future would hold... what his future would be. But he couldn't; it didn't matter how powerful that old forgotten Ancient Matter was; it wouldn't allow him to have any visions about the future. Sometimes, he even wondered if he had reached out and grasped that old power, or if something else was messing with the known darkness and creating it. But he never got his answers.

Ben drew from the Force, trying to balance between the rising darkness. He couldn't name the Ancient Matter, but it was increasing his rage and frustration. This time, he would fight the enemy and bring an end to the viciousness surrounding them. He'd read the tales that were written inside the old Jedi scripts, and he knew he should be terrified of the male figure in front of him. But Ben Solo wasn't; he hardly believed any of them, old tales could be wrong most of the time. He would find the truth today; he would fight the enemy face to face.

The air was hazy, hot, and dry; it only made breathing harder. Ben waited patiently for the cloaked figure to reveal himself and fight him. He was standing there, at the end of the gap, observing Ben taking his time. Like it was watching its prey. He could try; Ben wouldn't be anyone's fool any longer. He had played that game, with Snoke and Palpatine, when he was Kylo Ren. He reminded himself to be aware of his surroundings, and careful because every act mattered.

It took power to summon such ancient energy, and the figure began to materialize before him, he was still cloaked, hiding his face, but his influence was noticeable. Delkor finally accepted the challenge and stepped forward; he pulled back, revealing his face. His skin color was darker, his eyes dark as well; he seemed so alien and familiar at the same time. He lifted his arms and revealed a lightsaber, igniting it, and the blade showed a reddish color. "Oh, have you come to put an end to the creature that will bring a new order to the Galaxy," his voice deep, shaking its surroundings with terror. "You might try, see if you can succeed."

"Who are you to speak of me?" Ben answered in a deadly tone glaring at the man who called himself Delkor. Ben could read through the lines; he already had figured out, winning against him seemed impossible. But he was a Solo; he would never count on the odds. "You'll die first!" he uttered, igniting his lightsaber, the broken crystal connected, and suddenly a black blade brimmed with such power that it almost caused Ben to lose his balance.