Act 70: Imperial Court:: Ben's Trial

Disclaimers: All rights reserved of the original "Star Wars" Characters, Names, Places, etc to George Lucas / Disney. I pledge to return all characters after the story is complete.

Warning: Major Spoilers of TRoS.

Note: This is a Reylo FanFiction (slow-burn)

PART II

Imperial Court

「Act 70: Ben's Trial

Imperial Palace, Galactic City, Coruscant 37ABY

The order was set and accepted; Ben was handcuffed in one of the Imperial Prisoner crafts. At dawn, the Imperial Guards showed up and took Ben to the Imperial Supreme Court in Imperial City on the planet Coruscant. Surprisingly the Chancellor had already organized the defense system, the legal system, and even Coruscant. The resources were always there, waiting for someone capable and bossy enough to take over. Ben recalled his mother saying decades ago. It seemed that someone finally managed to figure things out.

Entire generations had lived during an era of wars. His generation grew up in a chaotic Galaxy, leaderless and in a complete mess. Now finally, the actions that divided the galaxy had faded into legend. The last of the enemies that tried to bring the galaxy to his doom was brought today to face the law and answer for his crimes. The galactic government rose stronger in this new era, with individual planets retaining authority, old and new alliances being formed, and less military power as possible.

Any ceremony didn't yet honor the great heroes and those who had fallen, but the Chancellor had already set a date after the trial. It would be a rare ceremony that had happened in years that would be put together in harmony. The Galaxy needed a day of celebration and for the Chancellor to announce the galactic government's plans.

The Imperial Supreme Court was slowly filled with the majority of the observers, most of them among the enormous numbers of citizens who had served from the wrath of the First Order; they traveled to witness the trial and finally find some justice. The Imperial Council represented planets from the Core Worlds to the Outer Rim; Poe, Finn, and Maz Kanata were part of the Council. The Imperial Council would appear in the trial and was given the authority to cast one vote. One more option would be provided by the jury that decides the case.

The jury consisted of eight individuals familiar with the Common Law and Judge-made Law, and they would judge the case, and their decision counted one vote. The majority of the votes were given to a few of the senators and the Chancellor. They were given the authority to attend trials that were appealed in the Supreme Court, as the Supreme Imperial Court was the highest in the hierarchy. That meant that the Chancellor would have the convict's final vote, and she would have the authority to cast two votes.

Ben had showered earlier, and he wore the long-sleeved black shirt that his father had gifted him, black trousers, and his default black leather boots. Rey was kind enough to trim his hair and style it. His lightsaber and Anakin's were kept inside Rey's room at Ajan Kloss. He seemed relaxed and calm; nothing could pass his senseless act; he had been waiting for this day for years now. And he didn't want to be pitied but fairly judged for the past; he now came to loathe with all his being.

The Imperial Guards led him through the mesmerizing and shiny corridors built with a hard crystalline metamorphic form of limestone, typically white with mottlings or streaks of color, that was polished and designed in modern and retro architecture. The building was newly built; Ben could still smell the combination of the entire mixture of chemicals "evaporating" from new paint, sealants, flooring, wood, and other building materials.