Act 62: Preparations

The Blossom Forest, Eanor, 37 ABY

A heavy silence settled over them as they were walking towards the main Halls of the Blossom Forest. The silence was thicker than the uneasy tension in the atmosphere. For weeks now, Ben, Poe, and Rey had settled their maps and notes trying to plan their last part of the mission: Reaching coven Terror and destroying the Sith's Soulstone. Rey ignored the unsettled eyes and glanced unceremoniously around. She could listen to the Gossip that had already started around her name, apparently sharing a tent with a male was shocking to the humans that found shelter under the Blossom Forest. At least the Blossom Forest's inhabitants didn't seem to have any issue with it.

"The darkness is deepening," Dathel spoke first, sitting effortlessly on a seat made of stone. "The enemy knows you are near."

"How near do you think they know we are?" Poe asked as he was going through the maps.

"Where exactly and when you decide to go forward with your quest, the enemy doesn't know," Delmuth informed them. "Only if their spies manage to spot you crossing their land."

All the officers were already seated around the table inside the main Halls used as the location where they held all their meetings. The group was there - Ben, Rey, Poe, Finn, Jannah, Rose, Hux, Chewie, and the droids, the Lady of the realm, with the captain and a few high officers of the humans that had found shelter in the land of the Blossom Forests.

"They should find it more difficult now," Ben said, gazing out at the blossom trees, "to deliver messages to the Enemy. If we stay focused and don't mess up our plan."

"So you want to attack the enemy on two fronts simultaneously," an older man with red hair and a beard responded, "Our troops are fighting close to the Gates of the Inferno Tower. We can turn west and secure you the passage."

"About that," Finn interfered, "That could delay the enemy and aid our mission."

"It's only a matter of time for the enemy to bring our defenses down," the red-haired man informed them, "The enemy is regrouping as we speak; you have to act now!"

"Our mission isn't through the Inferno-Tower, but the passage towards the coven." Hux pointed out as his finger rested on the spot on the map where the coven passage started. There were a few moments of silence around the table. Hux stared fixedly at the map as if it would give him all the answers.

"You need time and safe passage across the coven." Dathel advised them, "We and the army can give you that."

"How?" Rose puzzled. "If we have to fight to reach the passage, the enemy will know."

"Draw out the troops of the enemy," suddenly said Ben. "Have him focus on the front battle; some of our team will need to be there, as the rest will escort the droids towards the passage. The second front to encounter the enemy there."

"Building a trap inside their land!" Poe understood Ben's plan, and Hux followed. All three had previous experience with battles, and it didn't take them long to set the plan in motion.

The red-haired man stood up and placed a pawn close to the Gate. "We will attack here, bring all our available men, and try to give you as much time as you need."

Poe said, "Finn, Rose, Hugs, and Jannah will be with you. When it comes to ground battles, they have more experience." He cast a glance at Ben, waiting for his approval, and Ben nodded his head slightly.

"We might not achieve victory through strength of arms, but it will work," Hux added as he seemed to agree with their plan.

Chewie roared, asking about the rest of the team and what their mission would be. The droids seemed to agree with the Wookie.