Act 68: Chancellor's Vicious Command

Ajan Kloss, 38 ABY

Poe had just stepped out of the Millennium Falcon; it took the group of six to reach the Resistance Base a few months. The command area was no longer as busy as it used to be; the Galaxy was at peace now. " Commander Larma D'Acy, why haven't you sent a transmission." Poe demanded, "And how is this even possible?"

"We tried multiple times to communicate with you, Falcon was transmitting in a different frequency, and we couldn't establish a connection!" D'Acy defended herself, "And it took you three months to reach base, three months!"

True be told, neither Poe nor Ben speeded up Falcon to reach base, as no threat remained throughout the Galaxy. They had given their battles, and their return was slow. After all, those few months were like a gift to Ben; he had a taste of how loved ones could surround his life. They never imagined what was happening meanwhile in the Galaxy.

"What's wrong?" Ben questioned as he walked up next to Poe, Rey, Finn, and Chewie followed.

"Commander D'Acy, you can't be asking us to do this?" Dameron said, astonished.

"It's a direct order, General if we don't obey, there will be consequences," Larma explained.

"No, you don't know!" Poe argued back, "It took us more than a year to accomplish this mission; we lost friends and almost our lives. And upon our return, you are welcome us how?"

"General, you can try to reason with the officers at bay," she suggested, but her facial expression showed that his efforts would be in vain.

Poe took a deep breath, trying to process the news that Commander Larma D'Acy threw at him. He skipped next to Ben, his hand resting on his shoulder, "Listen," Poe exhaled, trying to find the best way to share the news with Ben, "the Republic has sent an order..."

Rey jumped and interrupted Poe at once. "Republic? We have a government?"

"There have been many changes around the Galaxy," Larma said as she turned and walked away, leaving Poe to talk with them.

"They somehow re-established the government?" Ben read through the lines as if he was so tuned to the world about him that he understood the logical conclusion to any course of events innately. It took him a few seconds to connect the points, "The order has to do with me?"

"It's worse!" Poe said and gestured for the group to follow him inside as he went on explaining, "The Galactic Republic was founded again by a new government, with almost a thousand senators and new alliances that reach as far as the Unknown Regions."

Poe had won everyone's attention; Rey leaned against the nearest desk, speechless, "Such accomplishment should take years, not to say decades."

"It did," Poe answered, "The Chancellor was in constant communication with most of the senators, and above her arrival, the plan was set."

"Her?" quizzed Finn. "The ruler is a female? We know her?"

"Yup!" Poe responded, "Dark Rey Palpatine."

There was a long silence after Poe announced the name. Everyone was trying to cope with the new information that exploded into their heads.

"Wait, the Clone became governor?" Finn asked, "How?"

"Senators and new Alliances voted two months ago, and she was chosen as Chancellor; they call her Empress Dark Rey Palpatine," Poe added as the news still hurt his brain.