Act 72: Imperial Court:: Ben's Verdict

Disclaimers: All rights reserved of the original "Star Wars" Characters, Names, Places, etc to George Lucas / Disney. I pledge to return all characters after the story is complete.

Warning: Major Spoilers of TRoS.

Note: This is a Reylo FanFiction (slow-burn)

Be Aware: Concepts contained in this chapter include semi-silliness content. ^_^

Imperial Court

「Act 72: Ben's Verdict 」

Imperial Supreme Court, Galactic City, Coruscant 38ABY

"We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life." C-3PO said as he approached next to Ben, and R2-D2 danced in place, demanding that C-3PO would be a bit positive at this moment, as everyone was waiting for the Verdict.

"We're not done yet," Ben responded to the droid. "But it's somehow our destiny Threepio."

"The kid is as happy as a graveyard," Luke nudged, trying to confront Ben and making him finally respond, "Still dealing with the shock?"

Ben exchanged with Luke a few glares, but he didn't answer; he was trying to keep it together, too many things were happening at once, and waiting to hear what his future would hold, maybe there would not be the next day for him, perhaps it would. But Ben was grateful for the small amount of time he had managed to have around his friend, Rey, and without the hate and pain. But everything comes to an end, and that's what he was waiting for.

Rey skipped over, sitting across the desk, gazing at Ben and smiling at him. She was a bit happier now that Luke was there, that he at least defended Ben, as stubborn Ben was still keeping his guard up. "I can't explain it, but I have hope," she whispered as her hands rested against Ben's.

Chewie roared a few times, trying to ask Ben what would happen now; he brought up Falcon and Han. Ben noted that the Wookiee was as well anxious about the Verdict, Ben had never seen him complain about so long. But he couldn't blame him. Lately, they had become close, and Chewie had lost too many friends, Han, Leia, and Luke; it would make sense if he were all emotional.

"We'll see, Chewie," Ben said; he wasn't sure what kind of promise he could give him. His future was unknown, and he was trying his best not to break down into tears and let all the sadness show.

It didn't take long; Poe and Finn showed up; it seemed that the council had already decided about their vote, and Poe was angry. He sat against the desk, where Ben was cuffed. "They are talking about imprisonment; we just needed one more to agree with us," Poe cursed under his breath.

"Poe," Ben responded a bit weaker than usual "You already have done enough," Ben would add that it still sounded like a good deal if, after all his wrongdoings, he only would get held in prison, but he tried not to make them sadder or anxious.

"They could be fair, buddy," Poe said, his hand tapping against the desk in anger. Finn mumbled a few words about what had happened and why the council wouldn't fully agree with the Generals.

Ben had to grab his head with both hands; things were out of hand. Everyone was talking at the same time. He shook his head in disbelief, at a time like this, and he could not grieve in silence. And he hadn't finished his thought, as Jannah strode back, where everyone was, holding Rey's results in her hands. She seemed astonished, her eyes wide open, and she was still reading the results.