Chapter 11

Anthony led the three kids up to his apartment after having a lenghty argument with his sister. He had ordered Jordan to take her home, but she refused. She threatened to tell their mother if he didn't let her stay. That was enough to send Anthony on a cursing rampage, pace back and forth, and eventually allow Kaylin to stay. Even though he was a grown man, he knew the wrath of Mrs. Jones had no age limit. 

"D*mn, Jay. Why'd you bring her?" he exasperated, unlocking the door of his apartment. 

Kaylin rolled her eyes in response.

"I didn't," Jordan said. "But she's cool people."

"Not when she's your little sister," he replied. He opened the front door of his apartment, walked in, and placed the keys on the key hook beside the door. The three teenagers remained outside of the arpartment, immediately paralyzed by the strong smell of mirajuna that had struck their nostrils without warning. They all reacted, but Kaylin's reaction was the strongest. The smell had hit her so unexpectedly, that it was as if it had literally pushed her back a few of inches, and she reverted away from the door.

"It's one thing to smoke weed but it's another to be a freakin' pot head!" she shouted. "Does it always smell like this?"

"Smell like what?" he asked, turning the light of his apartment on and walking further into it. He expected to be followed into it, and his expectations were fulfilled by Jacob and Jordan, despite the stinchful living quarters. "I don't smell anything."

"Of course you don't," she mumbled, following her friends into the apartment. She closed and locked the door behind her.

"Got d*mn!" Anthony exclaimed from behind his kitchen counter. He hadn't seen Jordan's face in the light until now, and despite having seen many busted faces and dead bodies, this probably had to be the worst. He had expected to see a few bruises here and there, but it turned out to be way worse than he'd imagined. He leaned to the side to get a better view of the damage.  "D*mn, nigga," he continued, straigtening up again. "How you let them niggas do that to you? 'Look like you just laid there and let them niggas f*ck you up."

Jordan shrugged as he struggeld to take a seat on a stool in front of the dark, marbled counter. "I didn't have a choice," he responded. "There was like five of 'em."

"D*mn," Anthony said with a hint of pity. "I told you about runnin' these streets alone." He looked over at Jacob, and for the first time actually awknowledged his presence. "Who's this white nigga?" 

Jacob's eyebrows knitted in offense at Anthony's statement, but Anthony couldn't care less. White people had done him dirty time after time. He felt he had a justifiable reason to dislike them. 

"That came out wrong," Kaylin said, walking into the kitchen. She leaned her back against the doorway and glared at her brother for his rude remark.

"That's Jacob," Jordan answered. "Don't worry 'bout him. He's cool."

Anthony gave him one last disatisfying look before turning around and opening the refridgerator door behind him. "Why'd they jump you?" he asked. He pulled out a case of beer. It landed on the counter with a loud 'thud', instantly grabbing everyone in the room's attention. This was not how Mrs. Jones raised her kids. Kaylin didn't know where Anthony got his behavior from. She looked over at Jacob who had a small amount of surprise on his face. It was obvious he was uncomfortable being in a home that reeked of weed and was occupied by a grown black man whom had just called him a "white nigga". She walked up to the counter and pulled out the seat between Jacob and Jordan and climbed into it. Just to make him feel more at home.

"I told you over the phone," Jordan reminded. 

"Nigga, I was high as h*ll," he replied, using the edge of the counter to open the bottle of beer. "Tell me again."

"Remember that money you gave me last week?" he asked. "For that loud?"

Anthony nodded as he took a sip of his drink.

"Man Man gave me the weed, I gave him the money. I was gonna wait 'till Friday to bring it to you. But I thought today would be a better day. D*mn," Jordan said, the images of the events that took place in the alley replaying in his mind. "Man Man's boys caught me on the way here and f*cked me up."

"You sure it was Man Man's boys?" Anthony asked. He had stopped drinking. Every movement of his body had ceased and his eyes stared attentively into Jordan's. 

"Yeah," he answered. "I recognized a few of 'em from the party. That one nigga...," he trailed off trying to think of the name. "What's that niggas name? Trevon. He was the one that tried to talk me into giving him the weed back." 

"Aight," Anthony said in a threatening way. He placed his beer bottle on the counter and quickly headed out of the kitchen. 

Kaylin looked over to Jordan for anything that what help her figure what was going on. When she couldn't find the alarm that she wanted to see on his face, she quickly blurted, "What's he doing?"

"I don't know," he said absent mindedly. He was staring at the bottles of beer in front of him. It was as if he were contemplating taking one. But before he could come to a decision, Kaylin quickly hopped down from her stool and made her way behind the counter.

Jordan violently sucked his teeth as she picked up the case of beer and placed it back into the fridge. She wasn't about to let anyone perform any type of illegal or harmful act. Not if she was around to stop it. 

 Anthony rushed back into the kitchen moments later, adjusting his clothing. "You ready to go?" he asked looking over to Jordan. Kaylin looked over her brother and noticed that he hadn't changed his clothes. She didn't hear the toilet flush or a sink run. Why did he go to the back then?

"Go where?" she hurriedly intervened.

Jordan carefully got down from his stool and proceeded to follow Anthony. Kaylin was putting pieces together, and made an assumption on what was about to go down. She knew the type of person her brother was. She heard about the things he's done. She just didn't believe it because there was this small ounce of hope in her that kept telling her that it none of it was true. But there was no hiding it. Especially not now. Anthony Jones was a stone cold thug. 

Kaylin instantaneously ran from behind the counter and to the doorway of the kitchen. She blocked it so that the two boys couldn't get through. Despite her being physically able to be thrown around any one of their shoulders and carried away, she still stood her ground. "Go where?" she insisted more harshly.

"Kaylin, move," Anthony commanded. But instead of taking his orders, she remained in the door frame, folding her arms across her chest. 

"Come on, Kay," Jordan said tiredly. 

"No!" she shouted. "I'm not about to sit here and let y'all go out there and get killed! Ant, why are you doing this?" This was the first time she's ever let her brother see her get emotional, and she hoped it'd make him rethink whatever he was planning on doing. "This isn't the life you have to life. What kind of example are you setting for your little sister?"

"That's why you have Tiara," he replied as he pushed past her.

Jordan started to pass by her as well, but Kaylin placed her hands on both of his shoulders to stop him. The concern hadn't left her eyes yet. "Be smart, Jay," she pled, hoping he'd change his mind and go home with her and Jacob.

But he knew where he stood now. He was part of the game. Soon to actually be the game. It was a sad reality, but the sooner Kaylin could accept that, the sooner she'd be able to get over it. "It's too late," he said. "Being smart stopped being an option a long time ago." 

 _________________________________________________________________

A/N: NOW it just got real! What do you guys think is gonna happen? Leave your comments below. Thanks for reading!