Chapter 15

Friday was finally here. One of the most praised and appreciated days out of the whole week. When Kaylin walked past the gym clean up list that morning, her jaw nearly fell to the floor when she saw that twenty-eight people had signed up. She was actually starting to wonder what Ariyana was doing to get so many people. It was hard to find dedicated kids who wanted to spend their Friday night cleaning up a gym and putting air into basketballs. 

Tyler was up in Mrs. Barkley's room as usual along with Lauren. Jordan was finally back. He had his ankle wrapped and had to walk with crutches for about four weeks. Kaylin fell out laughing when she saw him, and told him it took away some of his 'gangsta points'. He called her 'Ponde' in return and she quickly shut her mouth.

Kaylin was dying of anticipation in third period since she was only one period away from seeing Ed Sheeran live. And she could've sworn that the period was way longer than usual. She stared at the clock every five seconds until the lunch bell finally sounded. 

At lunch, Tyler and Lauren sat at their usual table while Kaylin chose to sit with Nathan again; whom she sat with yesterday and the day before yesterday as well. They discussed the procedure for the concert. It started at six, so Nathan was going to be picking Kaylin up from her house at 5:15. They should arrive at the venue around 5:45 or so. Talking about it made her even more excited, therefore she could barely concentrate on her work after they'd gotten back from lunch.  

After staring at the clock during the whole ninety minutes of fourth period and taking a what felt like hour long bus ride home, Kaylin was running up to her bedroom to prepare herself for the exciting events that were to occur that night. She dropped her book bag on the floor against the wall and snatched open her closet door. 

She had the small, usual closet where all her shirts and dresses were lined up on hangers on a silver pole that ran horizontally. Underneath them were her jeans and other pants in a large container. If you were to open her closet, the first thing you'd see is a bunch of t-shirts. Nothing but t-shirts. But she had a little area in her closet that was full of clothing she hardly ever wore. It consisted of pretty blouses and dresses that her mother and Tiara bought her as Christmas and birthday presents over the years. Kaylin wouldn't be surprised if she pulled out one of the shirts and it was covered in dust. But she thought that even though this wasn't necessarily a date, she still had to look presentable. So she pushed all of her t-shirts to the far end of the rack, and pushed forward all of her forbidden gifts. She took a few moments to browse before pulling out a white skater dress evenly decorated with pink flowers. She wanted something nice, but not too nice. 

On the floor of her closet were many different pairs of shoes. She bent down and pulled out her tan-colored Oxfords. After picking out the what she conluded was the perfect outfit, she headed to the bathroom down the hall to take a shower.

Twenty minutes later,  Kaylin stood in front of her bathroom mirror with a t shirt and pair of shorts on. She was trying to figure out what she was going to do with her hair. The hairstyle she was initially going to wear was a simple French braid around her head, but she remembered that she only knew how to do three hair styles, and a French braid was not one of them. The next hairstyle she thought of was a high bun, but she convinced herself that she wears her hair like that too often. She suddenly remembered that Nathan had told her that her hair looked nice in curls the other day. So she wasted no time in retrieving her hair curler from underneath the sink.

She had plugged in the curler and adjusted the heat settings when the instrumental to 'Lifestyle' began to play through her phone. Kaylin had to admit it was a pretty bad song, but the beat was sick, and that's all a song needed to become a hit. 

She looked down at it and saw Anthony's face on her screen. Then slid her finger over the green button and put the call on speaker phone. "What?"

"What did you tell Ma?!" Anthony fumed.