Aftermath

this took forever to write and it's like 2000 words so i hope you like it!!

Hermione, Blaise and Ron all burst into the hospital wing scanning the empty beds until their eyes landed on Draco.

He had stopped throwing up but he was pale and shaking slightly. Pansy had him under her arm as they sat with their feet hanging off the side off the bed.

Hermione approached them with Blaise and Ron dawdling behind her.

"Draco," she asked softly kneeling in front of him.

He made a noise in response but didn't move an inch.

"What happened," she questioned looking at Pansy who shrugged and nudged Draco slightly.

"I called him a fag," The blonde boy whispered nonchalantly as a tear slipped down his cheek.

"You did what," Ron roared his face turning red slightly.

Draco let out what sounded like a chocked sob and dropped his head into his hands.

"Right everyone out," Hermione ordered standing up and pointing at the door.

Ron stormed out of the room followed by Blaise who was looking extremely confused.

Hermione snapped back towards Pansy who watched her curiously.

"Out," She said in a slightly nicer tone nodding towards the door.

"Even me," Pansy pleaded, pouting.

"Just trust me," Hermione argued back, succeeding in getting a reluctant Pansy to leave the room.

"Thanks," Draco said timidly when everyone had left.

Hermione just sighed and kneeled back down in front of him, touching the back off her hand to the boys warm forehead and then to his cheek.

"Madam Pomfrey needs to do something about that fever, where did she go," Hermione looked around the empty hospital ward.

"To get a potion for my fever," Draco answered ironically and Hermione rolled her eyes, sitting down.

"Why did you do it," She asked after a moment of thoughtful silence.

"I like him," Draco answered again as more tears streamed down his face. His voice wavered slightly and Hermione pulled his clammy hands in between hers.

"I don't know about but calling your crush a homophobic term doesn't sound like a good way to shoot your shot," She raised her eyebrows at him in a motherly fashion.

"Well I'm Draco Malfoy and I fuck everything up so it really shouldn't surprise you," He snapped slightly, a mix of unknown emotions dancing beneath his skin.

Hermione watched him, slightly countered by the tone of his voice.

"Draco I want to help you, I really do but you can't keep hiding in self pity. You have to own up to what you do and what you say, you have to make it better instead of running from it," She spoke softly but Draco snatched his hands away.

Embarrassment flushed his ears and cheeks as her words settled on his skin.

"Leave me alone," He glared and Hermione nodded meekly seemingly expecting this sort of reaction.

"All I wanted to do was help," She said softly, standing up and walking off towards the door.

Draco swollen the lump in his throat as she left the room and he slipped under the covers of the bed fighting the urge to cry.